• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

constipated breastfed baby?!

DonnaBallona

newlyweds!
Reaction score
righty. . . Brooke is exclusively breastfed and is usually very regular with wet and dirty nappies. However, she has not had a dirty nappy since Wednesday. She has had heaps of extremely wet nappies-to the point that they leak-but no poo yet??

the thing is, she had her 8-week immunisations on Wed just after her dirty nappy-and nothing since. she is EXTREMELY windy (and they blimmin' HONK like its on its way!) but nothing shows. :dohh:

any ideas what i can do? should i worry? i thought BF babies were meant to be pretty regular!! TIA xx

Actually it can be completely normal for them to go even a week to 10days without going. As long as she's having wet diapers, doesn't seem to be in pain then I wouldn't worry about it. When she does go make sure she isn't really struggling, straining or doesn't seem to be in pain and if so then it's fine :) Hayden cut back to going about once a week for awhile...it was nice haha

my little girl only does 1 or 2 poos a week but has gone 6 days without a bowel movement in the past, make the most of it!! Problem is that when the bowel moves it really moves so be prepared!!!!

thanks for the replies ladies!

Ill stop worrying then-she isnt in any pain at all so Ill just wait and see what happens. Thanks again :hugs:

Hebe used to do one a week! It's pretty normal - there's not much waste in BM :D

Ellie used to go every three days i used to worry like mad im sure i prob p'd my Hv off with all the calls lol. When they go they go Ellie used to get in a right mucky mess lol.

when Brianna was BF she would go for a while without a dirty diaper. and the gas was horrid and loud lol the dr said it was fine but he had a nurse manually make her go when she reached day 12 of not going my poor little girl :cry: i wanted to punch that nurse!

Freddie goes once a week its normal for b-fed babies xxx and lots of farts are meant to be good!!! his absolutely hum!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"