Constipation and Piles

Oh dear I just remembered I had a bag of liqorice allsorts in my handbag.....

A few won't do me any harm hehe x

Oh dear I just remembered I had a bag of liqorice allsorts in my handbag.....

A few won't do me any harm hehe x

No, don't worry... a little isn't going to do any harm, BUT best avoided in future :thumbup: (unfortunately, since it IS lovely... :cloud9: ). But it is personal choice... I hate a small glass of white wine on Saturday (some people wont touch alcohol), so people need to make their own choices.

QT

True....

Stupid thing is I don't usually really like them...they just kinda jumped off the shelf when I went to the shop!

What does pregnancy do to us??!! xx

True....

Stupid thing is I don't usually really like them...they just kinda jumped off the shelf when I went to the shop!

What does pregnancy do to us??!! xx

Tell me about it! Sashimi, smoked salmon, pate, soft cheeses, wine/beer, parma ham, rare meat, runny eggs... :cry:

I was at a good restaurant last night and had to discount about 7 out of 9 appetisers :cry:

I am very good with everything apart from the VERY OCCASSIONAL small glass of wine/champagne (7 units in the past 15 weeks). Other people give in to runny eggs or something else....

QT

The things I want most but can't have are runny eggs and peanut butter!!!

I didn't drink much pre-pregnancy tbh so I'm glad to have an excuse not to drink it. They say it doesn't do any harm in moderation so you will be fine! I think the closest I'll get is some mulled wine at christmas mmmmm :)
xx

I'm desperate for goats cheese. That's one i'm really missing xx

mulled wine at christmas mmmmm :)
xx

Hhhmmm, mulled wine :cloud9:

Will be a pretty dry Christmas this year... I am not a huge drinker, but love the occassional glass of Champagne/Wine/Port... particularly missed at a nice restaurant :cry:

Roll on mid-Feb - lovely new bundle of joy and a completely guilt free glass of champagne (ok, not too much, though - with breast-feeding...)

QT

My midwife suggested eating liquorice as it helps you to go. If you're really struggling you can't take senokot but got the chemists and tell them you're preg and they can give you a bottle of stuff called lactulose I think It's called that! Anyway I just went in and explained and they gave me that to take. It tastes yuk so mix it with pure orange!

I suffered with pile a few weeks back, bloody hell it hurts. I didnt get any special treatment but read about using loads of vaseline. I was having antiseptic baths, using moist towels and loads of vaseline. Without TMI, I think the vaseline helped the poo come out (sorry tmi I know!!!)

I resulted to drinking lots of high pulp prune juice, even though it tastes horrid. Actual prunes are not as bad but I feel like they don't work as well. I know your pain, hope it gets better soon!

I was suffering but it has improved lots since I've been eating fruit and fibre every morning (with lots of extra sultanas!)

I'm also drinking lots of water.

It's not perfect but it's improved tremendously on what it was like a few weeks ago.

I was suffering but it has improved lots since I've been eating fruit and fibre every morning (with lots of extra sultanas!)

It's not perfect but it's improved tremendously on what it was like a few weeks ago.

Add a tablespoon full of linseeds to your fruit & fibre... you wont regret it :winkwink:

QT

Add a tablespoon full of linseeds to your fruit & fibre... you wont regret it :winkwink:

QT

I might just do that - anything to make it more exciting!

I might just do that - anything to make it more exciting!

I wouldn't call linseeds "exciting" at all, but the results are pretty impressive... :winkwink: (give it two/three days of adding a tablespoon full to your breakfast each day and you should start seeing/feeling some results...)

QT

Hi, iv not suffered with const during pregnancy but after a bad car accident i did (due to medication and not being able to move or eat) it was AWFUL so i symapthise. It actually made me look as preggers as i am now. I took special meds given by nurses but what really helped i think was cups of warm water. The relief after one week was AMAZING i could have cried, TMI but i actually felt like i had given birth! ha ha.

Now i make sure i eat lots of fruit, brown bread and water and iv been fine so far, hope you get over it :)

Can't be bothered Reading through all the posts so I'm not sure if this has been reccomended! But I was badly constipated whilst pref. Went to Docs he prescrised fibre gel u can also buy it at pharmacy but it's around £8 per pack. It works wonders x

The Lactulose worked for me and I got pretty bad there for a while. Won't tell you how long, but it was NOT pretty! It is also safe to take in small doses.

Also, recently I made a homemade batch of vegetable soup and was so hungry I gorged myself on it. Got very bad cramps after and very loose bowels (I know, TMI!!!).

Moral of the story - vegetable soup is also the business. I tried Potato, Leek and Bacon but my hubby swears by Scots Broth!

A coffee in the morning also helps.

Never mind everything the m/w says about fibre. It still happens even with fibre and loads of exercise. I believe that some of us are just very sensitive to progesterone. I took the pill for 20 years and suffered from this for 20 years. Quit the pill and was right as rain for almost a year. Then got pregnant and it's just the same as always. It's the progesterone. For sure.

Good Luck!

Eat cereal, wheaten bread and loads of fruit and veg. Mid-wife suggests kiwi fruit and prunes. Make sure you drink loads of water too - hope this helps....

I'm desperate for goats cheese. That's one i'm really missing xx

omg im going to eat so much goats cheese come end of january next year :lol: :happydance:
keep seeing this goats cheese and cararemelised onion pizza in Morrisons everytime i go shopping and i drool all the way past it!

Hi. I have to use Fybogel twice a day to get me going :) I am also on Ferrous Sulphate as my iron levels are low so that makes things even worse. This definitely keeps me from going for weeks without 'going'. If everything else doesn't work give it a go - and its perfectly safe through pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"