Constipation help

Krohrer90

Reaction score
I have not had a bowel movement in 5 days. My doctor's office only recommended fiber supplements and colace. Neither of which has helped at all. My husband got some milk of magnesia last night and I kept throwing it up. I can't get the texture down.

Any tips?

Senekot all natural vegetable laxative perfectly safe for pregnancy!

Dried fruit usually does it for me (apricots, apples, prunes, raisins) but occasionally I've had to resort to Miralax (which all three of my docs have ok'd).

For whatever reason, oatmeal with raisins and a cup of coffee for breakfast helps me! Have you thought about trying a prenatal vitamin without iron? The iron can cause constipation for some people!

5 days is a long time without a bm. I'm sorry and hope you get relief soon!

I've been the same and went to the doctors today. Came home with Fybogel sachets you mix with water. Fingers crossed it works.

I just have a small cup of coffee and that get things going. Also a smoothie with a fiber boost may be a tasty alternative :)

I have not had a bowel movement in 5 days. My doctor's office only recommended fiber supplements and colace. Neither of which has helped at all. My husband got some milk of magnesia last night and I kept throwing it up. I can't get the texture down.

Any tips?

Milk of Magnesia is safe but yeah the taste is bad which is why I used the capsules.

My remedy is similar to what the ladies above have said. A hot cup of milk (I usually add honey or a little cocoa powder) and dried fruit will help me right away.

fruit and loads of water. kiwi's especially. exchanging animal for vegetable fat also helps, as vegetable fat is more liquid and will help soften everything.

for me, kiwi-avocado smoothie is a killer.

Water. And when you think you drank enough, drink even more.
Also blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, dark leaf vegetables (spinach) help move things along also. Diet changes will 360 this problem.

Good luck. Feel for you :(

I notice that cabbage, in any form, moves things along quite well, almost too well in some cases :wacko: And then I've also used warm Ovaltine at bedtime to get things going. Helps with the constipation and also helps relax you to sleep. And I love to drink it cold during the day as well since it tastes so yummy, especially the Malt flavored. :winkwink:

Ok I had this REALLY bad a few weeks ago and nothing worked for me until I drank a big glass of really cold prune juice (cold because I am not a fan of the sweet taste) but within a half hour I felt like it was ready to rocket out of my butt!!

I felt amazing relief! I hope you find something that works for you soon hun. Remember to drink butt tonnes of water too!! It REALLY helps!!!

My dr told me to start taking magnesium supplements. The days that I miss a dose I don't go! It really works!

i use milk of magnesia when it gets bad. i never had a problem with it until yesterday- i was feeling surprisingly ok until I took it, and was nauseous the rest of the day... it worked though!

my doc recommended just taking miralax daily- but i was afraid to since the container says not to use for more than a week at a time- so i just started taking metamucil daily- waiting to see if that actually works...

i've been told mineral oil is safe too, but not often recommended because of the taste...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->