Constipation? Just 6 days old ..... advice?

Loopy lotti

Reaction score
I posted this also in post natal support but there's no forthcoming advice so I'm doubling up here hoping someone may have had similar experience and can offer some advice?

So, my little man is 6 days old and all was text book on the poo front.....but it's now been about 30 hours since he's had a bowel movement. Despite trying my very best on the breast feeding front (I'm just not producing any milk, next stop the BF section!), he is solely formula fed which I have read can slow things down for the little ones as it is harder to digest.

So, how long do I leave it before really starting to worry and what can I do for my little man to get things moving for him again?

Any advice most gratefully received!

x

Hi there :)
No real advice really but didn't want to read and run.
My daughter was ff but I can't for the life of me remember how long she would go between BMs. If I was you I'd probably wait 2-3 days before seeking advice. Have you tried cycling legs? Anti clockwise tummy massage? Warm bath? At 6 days old everything is still so new and his digestive system is getting used to digesting milk. Give it another day or so. Do you see the midwife soon? X

Hi there :)
No real advice really but didn't want to read and run.
My daughter was ff but I can't for the life of me remember how long she would go between BMs. If I was you I'd probably wait 2-3 days before seeking advice. Have you tried cycling legs? Anti clockwise tummy massage? Warm bath? At 6 days old everything is still so new and his digestive system is getting used to digesting milk. Give it another day or so. Do you see the midwife soon? X

Thanks so much for your reply Leigh :) I think our worry was possibly a little premature, we tried bicycle legs last night which did the trick to the point of 3 explosive pooey nappies throughout the night :) Worry over ;-)

x

So glad bicycle legs worked for you! My daughter has chronic constipation and was ff, and i was scared to death my newborn son would be the same way. Turns out, he is! My husband found Enfamil Reguline (apparently it's new) and it is the ONLY thing that has worked for us. I wish we had it when DD was born 2 years ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->