Constipation....please, for the love of all that is holy, I need to poop.

LadyHutch

HutchMom
Reaction score
I can't figure out if the crampiness i am feeling is cramps or just the fact that I haven't pooped in 8 days. I go to the OB today so I am going to address it asap. But if I don't poop soon I just might cry.

I don't really feel like I need to poop, but have a feeling the crampy feeling I have isn't cramps so much as a desperate need to poop.

I had it bad with DS too....I am not sure I am prepared for 7 more months of not pooping =(

Omg I could have written this! I was in so much pain 2 nights ago for the same exact thing. I managed to poop since and feel so much better. I took a tsp of corn syrup haha as silly as that sounds and it certainly got things going and safely.

I hope you get to poop soon! I totally feel your agony on the subject!!

When I am not pregnant, I am very, very regular. I depend on that first cup of coffee morning poop. It is my quiet time, before the kids are up, and one of my ways that I know life is moving as it should.

Not pooping is traumatic for me...it is a serious disruption in the force. Makes me sad.

On no!!! I could have written this weeks ago. I started a colace regime. Taking one before bed and one when I wake up. Drinkin a lot of fluids. Including a Gatorade a day. And fiber. It took 3 days but it finally happened.

I haven't had another issue (knock on wood) since the dr put me on added iron. But this is what helped me.

Haha I love you girls!! Deff took the words right out if my mouth! Especially about that morning coffee to poop! Lol

Such an uncomfortable part of pregnancy! I hate using laxatives because they usually have me curled up on the floor in pain (ibs), but when things have gotten super bad (more than ~3 days for me), I've used milk of magnesia (which doesn't put me in any pain, and takes 30 min - 6 hrs to work), and boy does it! (my ob said it's safe to use)

I had a "victory" poo today, and my tummy was so much better! It had been about 3 days and 2 pounds......ugggg

I am hoping to increase my fruit intake in order to help a little more!

Ladyhutch, what helped you clear this problem? I keep having the urge to go, get to the bathroom and can't do anything... Earlier this week I had a 24 hour flu virus that gave me terrible and I mean terrible diarrhea and now I can't poo worth a darn. I want to feel better and it's killing me now!

8 days?!?!?!?!

Make sure you drink plenty of water, lots of prune juice and fibre filed diet.

Ladyhutch, what helped you clear this problem? I keep having the urge to go, get to the bathroom and can't do anything... Earlier this week I had a 24 hour flu virus that gave me terrible and I mean terrible diarrhea and now I can't poo worth a darn. I want to feel better and it's killing me now!

The doc gave me some prenatals with a stool softener. That helped. I was finally able to poop the day I wrote this after taking some milk of magnesia per the doctor.

It hasnt been as much of a problem since as my HG has gotten much, much worse and I don't have anything in me to poop out. My body holds on to and uses any resources it can get now.

So I ended up eating a butt tonne of fruit and some prune juice... Constipation away!! Lol

kiwi juice... or even better: kiwi/avocado smoothie. or mango-avocado smoothie (lots of vegetable fat and fibers). generally, loads of fruit, fresh blended smoothies and juices will help better than any medicine.

ah, and no red meat/hard meat fibers, those are slow slow slow to digest and will just slow it down.

Prune juice, (or apple if you hate prune) fiber caplets, and lots and lots of water and you'll be pooping fine in no time. I gaurantee it. It'll help with any bloating and such, too and help you feel better all around.

(I'm on my third kid, so I speak from experience here. Lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->