Constipation... when does it go away?!?

littleone1993

Reaction score
Just as it says at the top really?

Its driving me crazy and apparently laxatives aren't safe in pregnancy!

Around 12 weeks or so. During my first pregnancy I was on zofran through 14 weeks, so my constipation didn't let up until I was off that.

Drink lots of water, eat high fiber cereal (like cracklin oat bran). I'm sorry :(

During my first pregnancy I had a very bad experience and ended up having to get glycerin suppositories otherwise I was sure that I would be stuck on the toilet for years.

Dunno sorry hun but I an empathise, I am usually at the other end of the scale lol but horribly constipated atm. It's giving me gut cramps which are making me nervous!

I'd like to say it eases up but mine has got worse. I tried plenty of water and increasing my fibre intake, but it didn't do an awful lot. I eventually gave in and bought some Lactulose- it's safe during pregnancy as it bypasses the placenta.

I think mine got better around 15 weeks, but came back around 32 weeks (and worse!)

Mines just getting a bit better now :)

Mine's been really off and on... it was really bad weeks 4-7, then I had a couple weeks of the opposite ](*,) not sure which is worse. I started eating an apple every morning first thing and that has seemed to do the trick as far as finding a happy medium!

My RE recommends Colace for constipation and it's safe for pregnancy. It works for me since I was so constipated after my IVF procedure. I also added lots of dark leafy green veggies and that seemed to help. Also supposedly ripe banana helps a lot but you have to make sure it is ripe or it'll do the opposite. Cabbage...that helps too :). My RE also recommends Metamucil. I, personally, prefer Colace. Have you tried Fiber One bars? That seemed to help me too.

Not regular here either but not surprised as I was like this the whole of last pregnancy. I'll go everyday but it's like a rabbit and I'm bloated and uncomfortable. I've actually drank 2 litres+ of water today in the hopes of shifting things and I'm going to buy dried apricots and all bran I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->