Constipation?

blake12336

Reaction score
My LO hasn't had a dirty nappy for 8 days now. This is the longest it has ever been! He usually goes 2 or 3 times a day, and then suddenly stopped. He doesn't seem like he's uncomfortable or anything so should I be worrying?

I have a similar situation with my LO. She's 5wks old and was doing one big poonami per day but hasnt done one at all for the last 3 or 4 days. Yesterday she was crying on and off most of the day and we were worried that she might be constipated too, but she had a ton of wet nappies.

i've read a fair bit that this can happen with breastfed babies - they may start pooping less as they get a bit older because they digest more of the breastmilk.

stalking this thread to see what other peoples' experiences are..

x

I think I read somewhere that babies can go as long as 10 days without pooping. With this being my first I'd probably be calling my pediatrician in a panic but if your baby isn't acting uncomfortable or having any issues I would assume everything is fine.

Day 9 and he stinks! No poop yet but he hasn't stopped farting! I hope something happens soon, I think I may ring my HV tomorrow for reassurance as 9 days does seem a long time!

I'd be making sure every nappy is on perfectly... you're due an explosion! The stinky farts are probably a warning :D

Eek! Day 10 and still nothing! I've never smelt farts so bad though, I'm scared for what's coming! Has anyone else's babies gone this long?!

Yes!! My DD's record is 10 days!! The nappy almost exploded lol

Don't need to worry, they say breast milk is so easily digested that hardly any waste comes out..

But since I don't like explosive nappies, I do tummy massage for her, it works like a dream, she poos almost every time after the massage.

There's a few videos on YouTube for tummy massages :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"