Constipation

Tommee

Reaction score
Just wondered whether you had suffered with this during your pregnancy and what helped? I had my second bout today and was in agony, I must have had about 5 pints of water a fybogel nothing was helping. I even read to drink warm water so I drank my DS bottle.

In the end I found a tin of prunes that we had in the cupboard that I'd bought for DS ages ago but he never needed them I just drank the whole juice from the tin and ate 4 of them. About half an hour later all was well. I don't want to go through that again.

Water, fiber and veggies, and fruits. I used to be a HUGE cheese eater and after several bouts of screaming while going (tmi but lol) I cut it out a lot. Also, you can take a stool softener. Not sure if they have Colace where you are, but my dr said its safe to take.

I gave birth today to what felt like a bowling ball, but was the same size as a malteaser. Been in agony all weekend feeling full up my bum. Here's hoping more comes out tomorrow after the hot curry I made to shift it.

It's horrible isn't it. I eat a lot of cheese with my meals. Maybe I should try and cut down.

DH told me to go for a walk as that would help but I was unable to leave the house until I'd been it was far to painful and I could just imagine bumping into someone I knew how would I explain the way I was acting lol.

My first time during this pregnancy was just before my last scan I really couldn't go and didn't want to take anything incase I got cut short iykwim. I was in pain throughout the scan and just needed it to be over so I could go home and take something.

Multi grains work for me. Eat a ton of multi grains and that keeps things movin.

I usually eat alot of fruit and fibre anyway. But even this didnt seem to budge it. So i braved it out and got some prune juice. I noticed you tried this too. Its the only thing that seems to help me so i have made myself like it..and im actually getting used to it now :)

im having to take iron tabs 3x a day so im really struggling!!!

im drinking a ltr and half of orange juice a day!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->