Constipation?

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
2 weeks ago I put Lucy on the bottle, she was absolutely fine at first but now she seems to be quite constipated. She is only pooing about once every 2 or 3 days and it is always just a very hard little lump. Sometimes she strains for ages then just does a little fart! She seems quite uncomfortable when shes straining so I asked the HV about it and she suggested giving her a couple of ounces of water in between feeds - the only problem is, Lucy isn't having any of it! She wont take the water no matter how much I persevere. Is there anything else I can try? Shes only 8 weeks old so im not sure what else I can try

xx

I think it gets better as they get older. Alasdair used to be bothered a lot with it but now he's like 'uhhh, uhhh' (strain, strain!) and it's done! do keep persevering with the water though - apparently it can just take a while for them to accept it. some people mix a little pure orange into it...but I'd ask your hv about that.

My little boy was born premature and is only 3 weeks old, last week i told the out reach team who are looking after him that I would like to move to bottle feeding which I did but am also giving him breast milk as well. i was told it could cause consitpation which it has, the out reach team told me that breast milk has its own natural laxative in it, and other things which could help is the boiler water which they said he probably wont like to start with but will get used to it, then if his poo comes out like little pellets to try addin fresh orange juice no bits to the boiler water just like Bethany has said. I havent had to try the orange juice yet as after a day of waiting he finally pooed, at the mo he is only doing this once a day but today he has done 2 yey.

Would you believe that we would ever be so happy when a baby poo's lol

My bubs was just like yours hun...he hated water!! But i just kept trying...even if he drank a few drops of it i was happy...its difficult isnt it hun:) My hv advised adding a teaspoon of apple juice to the water as that helps constipation and may add a slight different taste to the water...he wasnt having any of it...i just did what i could hun...when he turned 4months i was so glad...as i started giving him different tastes. Speak to your HV hun...Goodluck xx

Ellie is having constipation problems aswell its a total nightmare. Shes so unhappy and she strains all the time and gets frustrated and cries. Shes breastfed so cant see why she would be constipated. Everywhere i read and everyone that i tell just says theres no such thing as a constipated breastfed baby. Well i have a breastfed constipated baby lol. Im trying with the water and juice tonight to see if that helps cus she hasnt poo'd since monday!!

Hi Emma

Did the juice work??? If so how much juice did you use to how much water??? I have bought some cow and gate juice , does anyone know if I can use that on a 6 week old baby?

I am at my wits end ... bless her .... she is screaming in pain and neeeddddss a poooooo bless xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"