consultant made me cry today :(

Cat

Reaction score
Just wanted to go rahhhh

Had growth scan, saw consultant who was ment to be using this info and info from my physio to discuss birth options. Well the bloke came in (foreign and very abrupt) said 'ah you having ventous?' I looked at him blankly and said I did last time, but not planning on repeting it, he took one look at scan resukts and said yes natural birth. So I said well that what I wanted to discuss, he said yes big healthy baby all fine. So I said how the physios suggested a section but we looked at natural birth, and he simply said 'well thats why they work in physio and not obstetrics as they dont know how to do my job!' No there is no problem here. No discussion nothing! So Ithen said what about anesthetic in case of emergency section, as I was ment to see an anetheatist and they havent contacted me. He looked at me blankly and I explained my history to him, he told the midwife in the room to call them and sort it. So he then left (and that was the end of my consultation) and the midwife then called the anestheatist who said they were going to arrange to see me on the 4th May . . . 2 days after due date!!! So if things go wong and I need a section I have no idea if I need a general, or spinal etc, which means I dont know if Im allowed to eat in early labour etc?

So I went back out to OHwho was entertaining Noah in the waiting room and burst into tears, and he was at a loss at what to do, and was angry at how Ihad been treated, cause all I got was fobbed off, with no discussion like he didnt even know why he was seeing me, why I had been to see the physio or have the scan, and Im left with a scan result which says the head circumfrence is measuring 40w 5d when Im not even 38 weeks yet and abdominal measurement of 40w 6d!

Bloody *******s, wish I had never gone in for scan and consultation, as has just left me all the more worried. :(

Aw Cat. Bloody hell, that's awful. :hugs:

I must admit I've been getting bad vibes off my hospital cos everytime it's someone different and none of them have English as their first language.

Are you thinking of trying to get in to see someone else before 4th May?

Awww Cat poor you :hugs:

Thats terrible .. I think sometimes these drs forget that we are real people and not just part of their job. They can be real p****s sometimes.

DEMAND to see someone else!

Ohhhhhh hun how perfectly rotten for you!

**** HUGS ****

xxx

Oh well sod it, I wanted to have a natural birth anyway, I just wish they had talked me through the scan more and stuff. The anetheatist is going to try to see me before this date, but at least they are aware of my complications and have all the details.

The other bloody stupid thing is they put for a follow up in 3 weeks time (ie once over due to duscuss induction) and because 3 weeks today is a bank holiday they were trying to get the appointment for the 14th of May, I elplained that this was 12 days after my due date and a bit to bloody late for anything!!!! So they had to go away and work out an alternative.

Idiots!!!

Still I have decided to get an appontment for my midwife next week so Ican at least get a birthplan done and have a sweep. Will also book for some accupuncture, so I can start sorting things for myself.

Some of this is wayyy over my head lol But wanted to give you a :hugs:

Sounds like demanding to see someone else though would be a godo idea as Imi said?

x

aww cat id seriously demand to see someone else when my cousin had her baby she had a scan that said she was 40 wks + and an abdominal measurement of 38 wks if your not happy why dont you explain to your midwife she what she says say your not happy and want mind to be put at rest thats what they are there for i hope you are ok and they baby will come when hes ready just make sure you are ready just incase you go early good luck hun

spunky xx

jesus this is disgusting.

I would ask to see another consultant can you do this?
you poor thing,what a bloody nightmare.

i dont know what else to say but hugs winging there way to you
bex,x

Well after another complete balls up, was ment to see midwife on Thursday, mum took time off work to watch Noah for me and I got there to find she had left the surgery, the doors were locked and the lights out. I spoke to her on the phone and founf she couldnt help me anyway due to N&N policies on sweeps and that she didnt know enough about my hospital to do birth plan, so all a waste of time!

I have a consultant appointment at hospital again instead on Monday, Iwas told Ihad to see the same consultants clinic again, to which I said I didnt want to see the same guy again, the woman on the phone was very understanding and said Iwasnt the only one, and they had no idea why he had gone into obstrtrics and gynae! Luckily he is on leave on monday so it will be the covering consultant I will see, and they have made a note on my file that Iwill not see the other guy again!

So at least I will get my questions answered, get a birth plan sorted and have a sweep and examination to see if anything is progressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->