Consultants and their appointments

leighbaby

yummy mummy
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I have a few queries about seeing a consultant on Weds. My midwife has decided that i should see a consultant cos my bump is measuring 30 weeks (small). (I also have constant headaches...dunno if that means anything!?)

1) what will happen at the appointment?

2) is it normal to wait for a whole week for the appointment...after all, can't a lot happen in a week?

3) am I being silly if I constantly analyse my baby's movements etc? (he doesn't kick like he used to...is this normal?) is it normal to get paranoid because of seeing a consultant?

~I say to everyone 'oh its ok, he'll be fine, I'm sure they won't find any problems' but am I just trying to convince myself?

I want to get some reassurance from a midwife/consultant NOW!! I'm beginning to think too much about it all :(

I had to see the consultant a few weeks ago cos I was measuring small too (I'm massive now!) and she just did the usual checks blood pressure etc. and measured my bump, then I had to go in and have a scan where she measured the baby and was told everything was fine, baby wasn't small at all. Oh and I did wait a week for mine as well...I'm sure everythings fine hun! don't worry.

i was supposed to see a consultant after my 20week scan as ive got a history of depression and have a low lying placenta, but due to the unit bing busy i got to see a community midwife who had me done and out of the room in 5 minutes!!!!!!
dont worry too much about it bubba can catch up :)

Hi there,

Sorry can't answer your questions exactly but I also have a consultants appointment on Wednesday and was wondering the same! I think it's normal to wait a week, my GP made out I was lucky getting one within 2 weeks. I'm going because of swelling associated with SPD primarily but I'm also measuring a little small, at 28 weeks I was measuring big! My baby is lying oblique ie.wonky and that's why the measurements are out! I'm sure it will be fine and I'm seeing it possibly an extra peek at baby if a scan is offerred!

Good luck, let us know how you get on x

She's probably only referred you to a consultant because midwives only deal with "normal" pregnancies and if you're measuring 6wks behind, that's not considered "normal" (they usually only give 2wks either way).

The consultant will probably only send you for a growth scan and check the level of fluid. I've constantly measured small but baby is bang on average and whilst there was 2wks where I had low fluid, every other scan has shown the amount to be normal so sometimes there's no reason to measure small!

Try not to worry hun, it's just procedure for the consultant to become involved now. And yeah, having to wait a week for an app is about right from my experience too xx

Try not to worry hun, easier said then done I know, they will check you out and more then likely give you a scan to check the baby's size, Im sure everything is okay, Im thinking of you, take care :hugs: XX

I've been having scans and seeing the consultant every 2 weeks and they just do the exact same checks as MW...bp, heartbeat etc.

I got so paranoid this morning about all sort of symptoms for all sorts of problems, the day assessment unit let me come in.

LO's heart rate was monitored for an hour, then we went on a more sensitive monitor because LO wasn't playing nicely for another hour. Then I had a scan and then another hour of monitoring of LO's heart rate!!

It felt like such an epic...think I must've made the midwives paranoid too because they want to monitor LO's heart rate again tomorrow. Sitting in a delivery room for some monitoring was weird - I could hear some poor lady screaming and screaming...can't wait :dohh:

Wednesday is cancelled, but I am seeing the consultant in two weeks. I think one came in and nodded at the graph produced by the monitor...but a few people did that!

From the scan LO is pretty average in size...thank god! It is just down to my tummy muscles (and I thought I didn't have any there under my podgey belly!)

I'm sure it isn't just me, but as soon as a midwife suggests there could be the slightest possibility about anything, my mind starts whizzing and I start to get super paranoid...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->