consultants today

twinklestar

2 boys nd 2 girls
Reaction score
well today i had my usual 4 weekly consultant check up due at 9.30am, i sqt there for an hr and 20 mins and when i finally managed to get an answer from someone i was called in at 11a.m!! only to find out my consultant isnt even in the hospital today!!!!

so anyway after the midwife checked my urine sample i saw a registrar instead who has ordered a growth scan with another cervical length measurement, ( last 2 babies were born at 33wk and 34wk)

she put me on the moniter as ive been having some period type cramps and lots of BH , IT showed regular BH 10 mins apart, they are not getting closer together or stronger but she wasnt happy that they are regular like this already,

the plan is to get my scan results and then have steroids at 28wks to cover his lungs, they are hoping i can get to atleast 30wk ,

so back in 2 weeks unless they BH step up,

i dont have any complaints about when i do get seen by the consultant or his team,

but the midwives dont seem to know what to do with me, i came home without getting my BP checked and without my HIP form , i know im high risk but i feel im over looked by the midwives and ultimatly they are they ones on the front line i feel like if i wasnt on the ball id be forgotten about completly

rant over ladies, i know midwives do a very important job and are very busy im just feeling a little let down and unsupported

:hugs:

i know what you mean about the midwives, i feel let down by mine aswel, they passed the buck alot when i was in first tri and beginning of 2nd tri to the midwives in another hospital an hour away from here and really didnt and still dont offer any support. My consultant on the other hand i find has been brilliant.

i dont think the midwives are anyway as helpful and supportive as they were 9 yrs ago when i had my first, the care is nowhere near as good as it was then either!
xxx

i know what you mean about the midwives, i feel let down by mine aswel, they passed the buck alot when i was in first tri and beginning of 2nd tri to the midwives in another hospital an hour away from here and really didnt and still dont offer any support. My consultant on the other hand i find has been brilliant.

i dont think the midwives are anyway as helpful and supportive as they were 9 yrs ago when i had my first, the care is nowhere near as good as it was then either!
xxx

thats true for me too, my eldest is 11 and when i had him the midwives were lovely

i think because i am 100% consultant care and dont see them they wash their hands of me, which is fine when i have a consultant there, but if not, im still one of the pregnant ladies in that hospital and feel i shouldnt be over looked, esp as the chance of me having complications and an early birth is HIGH, ( i also have epilepsy and a heart condition) :dohh:

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->