Continuous spotting

hans2009

Reaction score
With my first I didn't have any spotting so this is new to me.

I have been spotting a lot this pregnancy and it's been every day for the past 4 days, is this still considered normal? I am 6w3d

Sorry. It is very concerning. Though I know usually it is normal and all the girls on my 'pregnant after a loss' board had spotting early on in pregnancy and now have healthy babies, it still makes me worry. Especially because it can mean low progesterone or something bad.

My advice is to call your doctor and get checked out. I'm going to request an early scan. This is now my 4th day with light spotting as well at 6 wks. Though not bright red (I'm told if it is brown, it is old blood). I haven't rushed to the doctor but think I should call tomorrow if continues.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Sorry. It is very concerning. Though I know usually it is normal and all the girls on my 'pregnant after a loss' board had spotting early on in pregnancy and now have healthy babies, it still makes me worry. Especially because it can mean low progesterone or something bad.

My advice is to call your doctor and get checked out. I'm going to request an early scan. This is now my 4th day with light spotting as well at 6 wks. Though not bright red (I'm told if it is brown, it is old blood). I haven't rushed to the doctor but think I should call tomorrow if continues.

Wishing you the best of luck.

I plan on calling tomorrow. Last week it was very light pink. This week it has been very light pink Saturday and then brown Sunday and today. It's vary sparse and usually just 1-2 times a day.

Please keep me posted! Good luck!

That describes mine exactly! Best of luck. Let's keep each other posted.

Wishing you both best of luck! I know what worry youre going through and it seems there are just as Many positive stories as negative ones. The dr told me to increase water intake to avoid constipation and take it easy. I hope they can maybe give you a scan to give you some peace. Hang in there!

I do not wish to worry or scare you but please get it checked. I am 6w2d with an ectopic. I found out yesterday because I have had spotting for a few days but it's only when I wipe.

Always better to get checked, you'll get to see the heartbeat early too so that's a bonus!

I hope this hasn't caused offence, it's just I had none of the typical signs for an ectopic and now I've lost my pregnancy.

H&H 9 months to you both xx

Thank you both! MReed- I responded on other thread to your post.. I was so sorry to hear. And extra scary since you had none of the usual symptoms of one. So glad you are okay.
Your experience is definitely what is making me call the doctor today.

6 weeks today and unfortunately woke up with more spotting.

GOOD LUCK!

I spotted on and off until I was 10 weeks with my son.
Is your spotting bright red?
Are you cramping?
Do you have back pain with it?

Sometimes spotting is completely normal, but it's always scary. If it starts being really red, have clots, or you get painful cramps definitely call your doctor.

You and your bean are in my thoughts!

Thank you so much Campn!

The spotting is light brown, not red blood. Had a few AF type like cramps for a couple days on and off but none today. No back pain. Some shoulder/neck pain but think that was from how I was sleeping on it the other night! My first mc started off with light red bleeding. Second was a mmc at 9.5 wks-- I had no spotting during that pregnancy. This I am thinking I have a 50/50 chance something is wrong. Waiting to hear back from dr. They don't seem very concerned. Still need to find out my first beta/progesterone level results.

Just laying low in bed today. No workouts for me today! Thank you again!!

I called the doctor first thing. They initially said sounds normal and not to worry then called me back about 30 minutes later and asked me to come in for an ultrasound. I asked if they are concerned or just taking precaution and she said just taking precaution. I go in about 30 minutes and will keep you updated!!

Thank you all for the kind words and advice :)

Great they are being proactive and taking you in today...just to be safe. Wishing you the best of luck!!

Great they are being proactive and taking you in today...just to be safe. Wishing you the best of luck!!

Thank you!

I didn't get bad news per say. If I am pregnant, I am not as far along as I thought I was. Unfortunately they found a tumor on my ovary. The doctor is fairly positive it's not cancerous but they are doing 2 rounds of blood work over the next 96 hours to test my HCG levels.

They did see a spot that the tech and 2 doctors thought might be a gestational sac but it was too small to tell. The gestational sac wouldn't be there until I'm pregnant, right?

Oh wow, hans.. You are right- this is not bad news per se, but you must have been shocked. So good they think it is just a benign tumor. My friend had a couple of those and they were easily removed. I am not sure on the gestational sac. Will they wait a few more days and give you another ultrasound? My thoughts and prayers are with you. All will be okay.

Sounds like maybe some answers but more questions. :( how far off do they think you're dates are? Hopefully they will do a follow up soon

Thank you for your concern ladies, it means a lot :) It was a bit of a shock but after talking with my husband, it's not bad news! Although it felt that way for a bit!

Going by the size of my "possible" sac, I would only be 5 weeks. They did blood work today and my HCG levels were at 175 which is within normal range for 5 weeks.

I go back on Thursday and Saturday for blood work and on Tuesday for an ultrasound.

Please pray for me :)

That is great Hans that you have those appointments in the following days. I will definitely keep you in my prayers and will keep checking in for updates. Glad you have a great hubby. :) Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Take good care~

Sending much love and positive thoughts your way!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->