Contraception after baby...second time round different.

angelbump

Reaction score
Not sure whether this should be in parenting forum but here goes....
Does anyone feel different using contraception after their first born? I'm on the same contraception i was on before having my son and prior to having him this hormone barely affected me, but this time its completely different.
I've been back on it for about 8 months now and i am emotional, down around time of period, skin reacts to it. I feel like its a different contraception!!
Its the emotional rollercoaster thats the hardest for about 2-3 days before and during period i am a wreck. I have anxiety and ocd and this hightens alot around this time.
Just looking to see whether its common after having a baby for our bodies to react differently?
Thankyou x

I didn't react any differently to my birth control (though I do react differently to some birth control pills, exactly the reaction you're describing, it was horrible, Yasmin is the only thing that worked for me). But my cycles were very different after. I had much heavier bleeding and my periods were longer. Before I had very light and short periods. That persisted for pretty much the whole 4 years between the two. I didn't do anything differently, same pill, taking it the same, everything the same, but things were definitely different. No idea really if it was related to the pill as I only had two cycles off the pill in all that time.

Ahh thanks for your reply, sounds the same as me. Im on the evra patch and always have been after horrendous reactions to different pills. Its not nice as like you said im doing nothing different just seems my body has changed i guess x

I had an awful experience with the combined pill (can't remember the name sorry) after having my son, I decided to steer clear of synthetic hormones all together and opted for a copper coil. Xx

I think if it carries on I'll come off it and just stick to condoms until we try officially thankyou for your replies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->