Contraception Options

i had the implant for 6 months it was awful, constant bleeding headaches turned me into a craxy b*tch!
im back on microynon which is working fine for me although i do feel quite weepy a lot of the time but think i am just an emotional person!
how about an IUD? or contraceptive injection?

I would say the non hormonal coil... that way your cycle will go back to normal over time, and you'll be ready to start TTC as soon as its out.... I have it and have had no problems since the day i got it...

I have had microgynon cerazette and depo, steer well clear of the depo injection, I piled on 5 stone in a year with that thing!!! Plus it lasts 3 months so u have to wait for it to wear off. The cerazette is mini pill which has suited me well, no periods.

Many pills will affect libido, unfortunately its a fact of the pill, the only thing that won't is non hormonal contraceptives xx

Condoms? That's what we've used for 4.5 years with no issues.

Tanks so much for your replies!

Calmedan- Is micronyon a pill?

Mummyjade- The non-hormonal coil does sound quite appealing! I'm a bit nervous about pain getting it put in/taken out. I guess it can't be that bad though if so many ladies use it :)

I wasn't very keen on the injection. Although we're wtt we haven't set a particular date and I'd love the freedom of being able to reverse my contraception quickish.

Thanks so much for your info!! I'll have some questions for my doctor :)

It doesnt really cause pain, its just discomfort and its over all quickly... you spend longer taking your trousers off and putting them back on! x

The male pill sounds awesome lol. I'm with u on no condoms, we haven't used them once, I hate them and he hates them

I had a similar question a couple of months ago. Everyone is so nice in wtt and gave me heaps of info on what type of contraception to choose.
You in NZL I see. I'm in Australia.

I was on a pill called Yasmin...It was ok but I felt very nauseous and it is very expensive.
After speaking to my doctor he recommended Microlevlen as it's a lower dose - he reckons I was having the nausea from the Yasmin because the dose was too high for me and Microlevlen is a little less expensive. I know on our PBS we only have ONE! contraception that is subsidized but loads of subsidized abortion pills - It just doesn't make sense.

If you thinking about the mini pill (I was too back in the day) my doctor said you have a very small window of opportunity if you forget to take it on time. It has to be taken EXACTLY the same time every day.

Good luck

The cerazette is mini pill that u can take with a 12 hour window, obviously the closer to the exact time is better but u have a good window

We are long term waiting to try. Maybe 3-5 years...ish :) my friend is on the implant and she has a small amount of constant bleeding, so that doesn't sound good.

Hi there,

I've been on the implant just over a year, and have only had one period, which I would really say was just spotting and it only lasted 4 days.
Since then, I haven't had anything!

I don't get headaches, and I don't get any other side affects that I can think of!

I feel that it is a great contraceptive, and unlike the injections, the side affects disappear after 1-24 hours of having it removed if you really can't agree with it.

I know a friend that takes a type of contraceptive which is also used to treat acne, so she has great skin and doesn't need to worry about unexpected babies.

Maybe see if you can do a month trial of different ways? Everything will work differently for people :)

Glad to hear you are trying something new. I was on a pill years ago...can't even remember which one now...and it made me a crazy b*itch like another poster said. My DH (boyfriend at the time) and I decided the protection wasn't worth my mental health. I swear, I was never happy. So we decided to use condoms, but in reality have used the pullout method almost exclusively. Now that we are close to ttc I don't have to worry about waiting on anything getting out of my system. I hope this works well for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->