Contraception problems

Looney

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just had a baby 5 and a half weeks ago. Today I went to see my GP about contraception, and now I'm really confused. I had intended to have an implant, but then I found out it was progesterone based contraception. There could be a problem with me having progesterone as both my sisters have had excessive bleeding whilst taking it and one even heamorraged. So the doctor advised havind an IUD coil as it does not use hormones, but I read that it can cause your periods to be much heavier and longer and, more importantly for me, more pianful. Unfortunately, I have always suffered from painful periods and the thought of having them more painful fills me with dread.

I just don't know what to do. At the moment I have opted to try a progesterone pill for a few months and see if I have any adverse affects and then depending on the outcome decide whether to remain on the pill. have the implant as I was originally planning or have the IUD coil.

I would really appreciate anyones advice on this matter and, if they are on a POP or have had an IUD, what their experience has been.

Many thanks

I heard there was a contraception ring called nuva ring mabey look into that
https://www.nuvaring.com/Consumer/index.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back