Contraception? What do you use?

Im going tomorrow for my 6week check up. but at my 4 week checkup my dr told me about ParaGard IUD.. its basicly just copper..
it stops the sperm from getting to the egg and will stops a pregnancy all together.
it can last up to ten years or you can get it outwhenever you want if you want to ttc..

it doesnt have any hormones, nothing with weight gain or acne.. the copper reacts witht the uterus (ithink) and doesnt alow a pregnancy..

i thought it would be the best thing bc i am absolutly horrible with pills and i have heard too many bad things about everything else..

and it is effective imediatly so you can dtd right after. and you can get pregnant with your first cycle after it is out..

im kinda bummed though.. i have been spoiled with not having a period for going on 11 months..

Oh I wouldnt be able to manage that pill, I often forget and take it in the evening instead of the morning like I normally do. I'm on microgynon atm. All the long term methods scare me, heard too many horror stories of every one! And the worst thing i've heard about the pill is just that it can fail and you get pregnant, and tbh as much as I'd struggle I'd prefer having another LO again now than drawing the short straw and being made infertile by the coil or whatever! I know its really rare but the thought of never being able to have more kids terrifies me, its all ive ever wanted x

I was on the pill for 1 and a half years and had problems with headaches and depression I have been ntnp for a few month but have decided to get the impant so will be getting that soon x

I'm getting a hard time at the min from my GP because there is no way i am going on any form of contraception that involves hormones (all of them!) so i want to track my cycle and use condoms during my fertile times. I can't use anything that is progesterone only anyway coz i bleed constantly on it!

God, it sounds horrific bleeding all the time!

Yeah wasn't much fun! And depo really messed my cycles up when i came off it (coz of the bleeding) it took 18 months for me to get a period i had one and then fell pregnant!

Gosh I'm sorry so many of you had an awful time with Depo. :( I haven't had any bleeding with it, my periods due around the 15th so we'll see if I even get it.

Right after i had LO i was on the POP because i was breast feeding.. It was alright for about a month untill i came back to America and idk if it was just the pill or the flight that messed it up. But from then on out i bleed every single day untill i finally just stopped taking it. It was horrible.

I wasnt on any for a few months and was just using condoms but OH hated it and pretty much had us on a sex ban lmao :dohh:

So now im not the destrogen (i think) lol its the pill and you have to take it everyday around the same time. I just set an alarm on my phone and take it every morning. The first few weeks was shite. Migranes all the time and was kinda moody. But after that. It has been great ever since. I love it. Its made my periods regular and actually much lighter. And ive always had terrible cramps but thats stopped too :)

i'm on natazia (the one you have to take at a specific time every day)
but it's stupid for me to even be on it because i'm not having sex.
>.<

I have the depo. Hate it. It runs out tomorrow and i wont be getting it or anything i dont have an OH i dont have sex do just going to not put hormones in my system!

i bled for the 1st cycle 2nd two are ok but i get lots of sideaffects
biggest worry for me is increased risk of osteoperosis as it runs in my family

Hi!

Oh, the joys of birth control.

I hate birth control. All forms of it, which, i guess, is why i'm currently puking my guts out, huh?

Condoms are my favorite, although i dislike them still. They make me itch and feel like i'm having sex with plastic.
I had three depo shots and bled for a year straight, then didn't bleed for a couple months, and then bled *******ally, and i was just getting back to normal cycle, and now i won't bleed for a while.
I've been on and off of orthotricycline...I feel like a nutcase when i'm on them. they mess with my hormones too much.

good luck

Hi!

Oh, the joys of birth control.

I hate birth control. All forms of it, which, i guess, is why i'm currently puking my guts out, huh?

Condoms are my favorite, although i dislike them still. They make me itch and feel like i'm having sex with plastic.
I had three depo shots and bled for a year straight, then didn't bleed for a couple months, and then bled *******ally, and i was just getting back to normal cycle, and now i won't bleed for a while.
I've been on and off of orthotricycline...I feel like a nutcase when i'm on them. they mess with my hormones too much.

good luck

Oh my goodness! a year straight! When i was on the POP i bleed for like 3 months straight and i was freaking out lol. I would have lost my mind if i bled for a year straight lol

Gosh, a lot of girls have had problems with a lot of different birth controls. Well, needless to say this is the first form of birth control I've been on and I've only been taking it for 3 days but I'm liking it so far. It has dramatically slowed my bleeding. (period)

The first two weeks after you get it you have to use condoms, so the hormones can get through your system, but after that you're clear!

they never told me that! I read something like that and i asked my nurse and she said that it was only the first time you get the shot after the first shot you dont need to wait 2 weeks. Or is that what you meant? Lol. I just woke up. :haha:

I use Cerazette, which is a mini pill - but slightly different to others, and you take it at the same time each day - but if you forget, you've got 12 hours until it stops protecting you, which is great if you're forgetful like me.

And, as it's a mini pill - you can be on it whilst BFing :flower:

The first two weeks after you get it you have to use condoms, so the hormones can get through your system, but after that you're clear!

they never told me that! I read something like that and i asked my nurse and she said that it was only the first time you get the shot after the first shot you dont need to wait 2 weeks. Or is that what you meant? Lol. I just woke up. :haha:

Haha yeah just the first time, every shot after that is just sort of a top off of the hormones!

I'm on depo and I love it :thumbup: If you get it whilst you're on your period you're protected straight away. I've not had any symptoms and my periods are so light they're near non-existant. Apparently they can stop altogether eventually :thumbup: Also I get it in the bottom of my back like just above my ass cheek lol it's not bad at all and doesn't hurt but yeah you can get it in the arm too :) x

Oh and I was on the pill before but maaaajor mood swings. On depo I'm much less of a dragon :haha:

Im on the pill.. im so bad on it though, I forget for ages and end up taking like 3 at once.. cant be much good :dohh:

xx

Haha yeah just the first time, every shot after that is just sort of a top off of the hormones!

oh god! Daphne (i think thats your name sorry if i got it wrong :flower: ) you almost made me have a heart attack! I was about to send OH out in the snow to get me a pregnancy test. :rofl:

oh god! Daphne (i think thats your name sorry if i got it wrong :flower: ) you almost made me have a heart attack! I was about to send OH out in the snow to get me a pregnancy test. :rofl:

Haha no worries, thats my name. :) Sorry for the scare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->