Contraception? What do you use?

Condoms only.

I can't use the pill as I get migraines. And I can't have the mini pill because my body doesn't agree with them and just bleeds constantly. Hate needles so that puts most of the others out the window. My last pregnancy was planned so I don't feel I need to use anything more than just condoms for the moment :)

xoxox

After my pregnancy, I think I'll look into getting the bar in my arm. Heaps of people tell you that you put on weight and all that, but one of my friends has it and she looks fine. I was on the pill sometime due to health issues and contreception of course but I would always forget to take it, with the bar you don't have to remember, its just there.

After my pregnancy, I think I'll look into getting the bar in my arm. Heaps of people tell you that you put on weight and all that, but one of my friends has it and she looks fine. I was on the pill sometime due to health issues and contreception of course but I would always forget to take it, with the bar you don't have to remember, its just there.

Ive never heard of this.

^ I don't think we really do it over here. It's the implant

In your arm!?!

I want that! That sounds so much easier than a vaginal implant...

I'm not keen on having something stuck in my arm though, at least my vagina is already umm.. a hole? lol. But ya I agree it seems less.. invasive? And easier to keep track of?

With an intrauterine system, like a Mirena, the hormones from it are localized though, so you shouldn't really see any effect on the rest of your body... and I feel like you get more "down there" benefits, like even though you can have bleeding, over time it should reduce your flow or eliminate your period as long as it's in. I personally don't have cramps or anything either now. But no bonuses like the possibility of clearer skin etc (I know several people who have gone on the pill, originally, for mild acne)

The bar in your arm is what I am going to do if I decide I don't like the pill.

I'm not keen on having something stuck in my arm though, at least my vagina is already umm.. a hole? lol. But ya I agree it seems less.. invasive? And easier to keep track of?

With an intrauterine system, like a Mirena, the hormones from it are localized though, so you shouldn't really see any effect on the rest of your body... and I feel like you get more "down there" benefits, like even though you can have bleeding, over time it should reduce your flow or eliminate your period as long as it's in. I personally don't have cramps or anything either now. But no bonuses like the possibility of clearer skin etc (I know several people who have gone on the pill, originally, for mild acne)

Maybe thats why my skin got so bad when I was pregnant! :o

I'm scared of the implant as well. I'm such a wuss :lol: I know a lot of people with it and they all said it turns them into hormonal psychos

I guess it depends on the person who gets it, I know 2 people that have it. One put on weight, but she was big to start with so I'm not sure, then the other didn't harm her at all and she loves it. The only thing is if you take a course of antibiotics you have to use extra protection because the antibiotics break it down.

I'm not on anything now, well we will use condoms next time we dtd.

I was on Microgynon but it's making me bloated, feel sick, have crazy hormones and heaaches! So me and OH have decided to let everything get out of my system for a while, then I will choose something else, as I keep taking the pill late, and it makes me cramp :/ so not safe lol.

We use condoms cos my doctor told me my blood pressure is to high to go on any type of birth control. Its worked for us for nearly a year now and it really doesnt ruin the moment like people say it does :) xxx

:hi: Not seen you around in a while! xx

Hey hun :) I've been reallllllly buisy so i didnt come on for abit but i really missed everyone so i've been lurking haha.

xxx

:haha: Can't believe our LOs are almost 1 :shock: xxx

I know its been the fastest year of my life lol. Awww Noahs got so much hair his so cute :) xxx

well i just booked to get my coil fitted, i have to have an appointment for swabs first and its a months wait :dohh: no wonder some people dont bother with contraception!
Now i have to wait until the 8th march until i can get something sorted!

Sorry i havn't read the entire thread but anyone on the depo..Did it make you put a lot of weight on?x

Sorry i havn't read the entire thread but anyone on the depo..Did it make you put a lot of weight on?x

It seems most do, but I actually lost a couple pounds. I'm suffering from headaches though (my only side effect) but they're fairly annoying so I don't think I'll be getting it again. :(

I guess it depends on the person who gets it, I know 2 people that have it. One put on weight, but she was big to start with so I'm not sure, then the other didn't harm her at all and she loves it. The only thing is if you take a course of antibiotics you have to use extra protection because the antibiotics break it down.

Same with the Pill though, at least the Pill I'm on anyway.

It seems most do, but I actually lost a couple pounds. I'm suffering from headaches though (my only side effect) but they're fairly annoying so I don't think I'll be getting it again. :(

Ah,i can imagine.
What you thinking of going on next time?
My friend scared me off the depo. She put 2 stone on and then said she bled for 6 months?!x

My friend also gained 25lbs on Depo within a year, during that year she was doing WW for 6 months of it. She went off it, went back on WW and went to the gym and lost 50lbs :wacko: She was a big girl, but still!

I also gained about 10lbs when I went on Alesse, then lost 15 still on it, but through a lot of portion control. I was able to loosen up on it, but I still wonder how thin I could have been without the pill? I gained 5-10 when I went on Tricyclen Lo too.. but got pregnant on that :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->