Contraception?

PearDrops20

Reaction score
So I had a nurses appointment to check my coil as i'd been having some pains that weren't going away and i'd started bleeding as well so I was a little concerned anyways she couldn't see my strings at all, she couldn't feel them either.

I have to wait for a letter to come through for a scan to see if it's still in my uterus.

prior to this i hadn't had a period for nearly 4 months so to me it was weird that I was suddenly bleeding could it be like break through bleed? if the coil has come out :wacko:

The nurse didn't answer many questions or reassure me in any way :/

I've tried many types of pill, had the implant and I will not try the injection as my sister had a severe allergic reaction to it so i don't want to chance it after seeing what she's gone through.

Of course we'll be using condoms but what other types of contraception is there out there that doesn't contain too much hormone? it's why i liked the coil as the nurse described as taking 1 pill a week :shrug:

Patch, novaring, mini pill.condoms, withdrawal/natural family planning, implant, coil, merina, diaphragm,.... There's 14 Types of contraception, surely one must be right for you?

Are you still breastfeeding hun? Because I think you can only use progesterone only pill, IUD and possibly Mirena. I think the normal pill, implant and Depo will be off limits. If I couldn't have the IUD I would be very stuck, I don't like or trust any other methods.

Yeah i'm still breastfeeding :/ oh dear, I'll have to make another appointment and discuss it with my GP.

I loved the thought of the IUD it worked really well for me and I didn't have any side effects other than the fact that it's now missing.

Might just be condoms and hope they don't break for now :haha:

Haha oh gosh my OH has already mentioned the snip but we're having one more before that happens!

Just have to figure something out so it doesn't happen before we are ready :thumbup:

Patch, novaring, mini pill.condoms, withdrawal/natural family planning, implant, coil, merina, diaphragm,.... There's 14 Types of contraception, surely one must be right for you?

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but just to clarify for anyonw reading who doesn't know, natural family planning is not the same as withdrawal, very different implementation and very different success rate.

I use a variant of NFP, OP; a cycle computer called the LadyComp. We've had it for years and I love it. I should get commission the number of times I've recommended it! I take my temperature every morning with it when the alarm goes off and it then does the calculations and shows a red light for fertile, a green light for infertile, or an orange light if it's unsure (you only really get orange lights whilst it is learning your cycle). Treat orange lights as red! Once it learns your cycle you only have a handful of red days a month and can either use a barrier method on those days or just restrict yourself to other activities that don't involve pregnancy risk. It has worked great for DH and I for about 8 years now, and we seem to be very fertile together, from how fast we got pregnant both times when NTNP (1st cycle and 1st occasion we DTD!). It's as reliable as the pill, though of course if you choose to use a barrier method on red days you lower your safety to the reliability of that barrier method.

Can you get another coil, sounds like your bed to have a good chat with your gp.

Can you get another coil, sounds like your bed to have a good chat with your gp.

According to the nurse the one question she did answer quickly was that if it's come out once it's more likely to come out again. So i'm still deciding if I want to take that chance again and it fall out without my knowledge again.

But who knows it could still be floating around in there & we won't know for sure until i've had the scan done :/

*your bed should be you need. Sorry. That's a shame, hope you get some answers soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->