contraception

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
There aren't any contraception I can have, and the ones I can I don't like the idea of. I had a heart murmur as a child so doctors I have seen aren't happy with me being on anything that has hormones in them.
I don't like the idea of having something stuck inside me for years, so that's out of the question.
So the only thing we can use are condoms.
Hubby has been moaning that its nothing like the real thing, his words.
he doesn't like condoms and we are too young for sterilisations for me and the snip for him.
We are unsure if we want anymore, we have not ruled it out, we've said, well I've said we'll wait till 2016 then decide, he seems happy with that. At which point i'll be coming up to 28 and he'll not long have turned 26.
We are unsure about what other types of contraception we can use in the mean time.

Well that's a pretty hard situation. Sounds like condoms or withdrawal! But then you obviously run the risk of an "oops" too.

You could try a cervical cap. I am in a similar situation and thinking I may look into one as condoms are just miserable.

It might be worth getting a second opinion on using hormone birth control. I had a eart murmer as a child and have had it on and off since and I also have a valve disorder (heart condition) but I've been on both the combined and progestrogen only pill, I just have to get a thorough check up every 3 months and pay attention to my body. Failing that ow about the copper coil? Youcan have it removed whenever and it isn't hormonal

I think withdrawal is a no no now, we've had been using for a few months as well as condoms, and had a scare last month as I didn't get a proper period it was just spotting.
I'll look in to the cup.
I was on the POP pill before trying for my eldest and it gave me awful stomach pains it also took 2 years to fall pregnant when I came off it and gave me PCO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->