• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

contraceptive pill withdrawals or pregnancy symptoms?

erinlaice

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first post and I'm not very good at the abbreviation lingo but I need some advice or reassurance.
I only recently came off the pill in early September, had my withdrawal bleed a few days later which finished after 5 days. I assumed ovulation would happen around the 14th-17th ish if my cycle went back to normal straight away, unlikely but keeping an open mind.. since about the 18th though I have had really aching boobs, sometimes just one and sometimes both. The pain starts on the outside near my armpits and sometimes there are stabbing pains behind the nipple, they aren't sensitive or sore to touch, but they tingle sometimes and just feel weird. They haven't changed in colour or size so I am assuming this is a withdrawal symptom from coming off the pill? It is hard to explain and it isn't something I have really experienced before but it is more like I am just super aware that they are there. I keep thinking it is all in my head but then the pain comes back so I can't stop thinking about it.
I am also getting abdominal pains like all the muscles are really tight, this has been happening for 2 days and hasn't eased up much, I can feel them when I walk or twist and yesterday when I was driving, I sneezed and the pain was super obvious.
I don't know whether to be reading pregnancy symptoms or just assuming this is stopping-pill related.
I am really tired lately as well and getting grumpy easily so everything is all over the place at the moment.
Obviously I want to be pregnant but don't want to get too excited in case it isn't and it is way too early to test.
Anyone else going through something similar?

Not going through similar but having used the pill before it is very likely that they are withdrawal symptoms as they mimic pregnancy symptoms sadly! x Good luck though x

Thanks heaps, I have been on the pill for 9 years now and this is my first time off it since I started so I have no idea what to expect and the symptoms do sound awfully similar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"