contraction question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by toseland13, Dec 20, 2009.

1. toseland13

toseland13 Well-Known Member

what did contractions feel like when you had them?

wondering if they feel different to some people than to others.:wacko:

2. Boomerslady

Boomerslady Well-Known Member

Oh i have no idea! I'll be interested to see the answers.

3. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

they must do i felt all mine in my back and never felt a tumy pain at all, whereas lots of people descibe them as being tummy pains

4. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

love to hear some answers to this as I think I may be in very early labour!

5. toseland13

6. lottie_2007

lottie_2007 Mummy of 3!!

Like bad perid pains last time, all in my tummy! Although i was on g&a straight away so can't actually tell you how painful they were without pain relief! x

7. velvetina

velvetina Mum of 3

First birth started as period pains then when got into established felt like I was being squeezed by a giant snake around my middle affecting my stomach and back.

Second birth different, started feeling very achy and then tightening pains almost straight away. They built with intensity and came in waves, 2 or 3 really hard ones then one excruitating one at the peak of things, you could feel the pain building up.

Wish I had been like my mum, for some inexplicable reason she couldn't feel contractions at all (the drs didn't believe her, but that was a long time ago) so she didn't even know when to push.!!!

Sorry couldn't be more specific but 2nd was natural and fast (6 hours) and was like being hit by a bus as there was no build up, so my memories are not great.

x

8. Klb8916

Klb8916 Well-Known Member

mine felt like someone was pulling at my insides really really tightly and they got tighter and tighter the only way I could cope was to scream, even though I didn't want to, they just totally took over my body.

9. 3 girlies

3 girlies Well-Known Member

both of mine started with back ache that didnt really go away, then a pressure pain like my insides were falling out!!

10. toseland13

so i guess contractions do vary from person to person, interesting. think i might just be feeling BH atm which i havent had through the pregnancy. guess i will see x