Contractions?? FTM..

mammywannabee

Reaction score
Coming on in waves every 9 mins or so lasting about 1 minute.. I say contractions my bumps going hard and the pain is bottom of my bump feels like a mixture of period pain n gas pain..could this be the start? Please don't read n run if anyone can help xx

Sounds like it. Keep timing and call when they are 5 mins apart. Good luck xx

Sounds like the real thing to me! It might be a while before they get to the magic 4-5 minute apart mark, but just keep monitoring them. Good luck!

Thanks ladies I'm sceptic but I shall keep monitoring..
I hope it progresses so I don't need to be induced on Wednesday which is my due date xx

Haven't experienced personally, but if I was feeling that and they were regular like that I would def say contractions-good luck and hopefully they progress!!

Im a ftm too and my contractions felt period crampy. I wasn't sure they were real contractions and ended up at 7 cm when we got to the hospital. The biggest difference i felt was the pain started to go in my thighs too. I labored in the shower and paced the house until they felt more intense. I also had barely noticable blood in the discharge. Hope everything goes well for you!

I'm just lying in bed I keep drifting off to sleep n a contraction comes they're getting closer together 8 mins or so now.. I had a little bit of blood tinged mucus earlier n I mean barely noticeable.. Xx

I'm just lying in bed I keep drifting off to sleep n a contraction comes they're getting closer together 8 mins or so now.. I had a little bit of blood tinged mucus earlier n I mean barely noticeable.. Xx

mine was barely noticeable at the beginning of the day, I went to work and nothing changed but as the contractions increased so did the amount of blood in the discharge. I found the shower really helpful. Of course, when it came time to go to the hospital it was hard to make the transition from wearing a towel to being dressed LOL

I hope this is it for you!!!

I'm on my ball now in my huge fluffy Barney the dinosaur purple dressing gown just rocking away the hubby bless him is making me a cuppa RLT.. I'm desperate to sleep but it's not happening ggggrrrrr hopefully
Il have my girl by the end of today it's 3:38am now xx

Sounds like real contractions. With my first even tho I was in full blown labour I still kept thinking they would stop coz I had had so many false starts already. Goodluck hope u get to meet ur bubba soon :)

I had that all weekend. They never got any closer or stronger, even though they were pretty intense to begin with. Good luck!

Well they tapered off after I rang midwife at 4am I took 2 paracetamol and went to sleep I was shattered midwife said that its my body gearing up to show time.. Hopefully things will progress today gonna bounce hell outta my ball n get the house all gleeming maybe abit movement from mama will get baba out.. Thanks ladies again il keep ya'll updated 👍 xx

Good luck, hopefully you'll get to meet your LO soon!! x

Good luck Hun , hope they return soon and u meet ur bubba x

Good luck! I hope they start back up for you x

Still nothing had a few here n there during the day.. Been for a walk, bounced on my ball, had a long relaxing soak, hubby's massaged my feet and back and bump.. What next? Iv lost bits of mucus not a massive amount is it safe to DTD still? Might n I say might just give it a whirl.. Xx

My doc told me as long as water doesn't break you are safe to have sex (he said it's the one medically proven way to induce labour since semen has prostaglandins which can start labour-same thing that is released during a membrane sweep).

Good for you! My husband suggested sex to help encourage labor... I just looked at him and laughed lol. that would have been more trouble than it was worth for me LOL :haha:

Well nothing to report so will be ringing the midwives up in the morning to get me in to be induced.. Hopefully will be dilated already so might not need much intervention xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->