contractions on foetal heart monitor

kmh2009

Reaction score
Hi all,

just got home from having babys heart monitored (again) and 3 braxton hicks contractions were seen on the print out they gave me.
the numbers went up to 20-30 for 2 of them and over 300 for the third.

I was just wondering what is the normal intensity of contractions? IYKWIM

:hug:

Hi hun,

I was in hospital on the weekend and the baby was also being monitored for heart rate, I was having loads of braxton hicks normally around 50-70 and a few around 120-130. The midwife said this is completely normal, even though I couldnt really feel them unless I touched my belly! 300 sounds really high, was it painful? :hug:

Does sound painful... your body defo getting ready!

I was on a monitor last week.. i sneezed and it went haywire but i didnt see any contractions on it :(

What was the base rate hun?

Sometimes my base rate can start at 20 and then it only goes up to over 40... And then the base rate has been as low as 0-3 and gone up to over 60.

As long as they're not regular / have a pattern, I don't think the midwives are too concerned about the numbers.. just the frequency.

Hi darling,
I can't answer your question but just wanted to send some love and :hugs:
Hope all is well :hug:
xxxxxxx

base rate was around 4. i cant say it was painful but i sure felt it, it made me quite light headed actually.

thanks for your responses, just being nosey :p

xxx

I also had 3 on my trace yesterday, and they were up at about 60, i thought i was just getting period cramps for 30 secs or so lol

Mine were really high recently and excruicating but apparently the contractions are hilly then nil then hilly or something and consistent.

I hate BH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->