contractions without discomfort??? confused.

amurray

Reaction score
so for the past few nights i would lay in bed and get period type cramps on and off and my belly would get really tight. They never would get stronger or more frequent. But during the day I notice my belly getting rock hard but can't feel a thing??? Not even like the slightest period cramp. What is this??

Am I going to have a pain free labor?!?! Hahahah JUST KIDDING about that part but seriously this is such a tease if it is nothing. Do you think the tightenings are even dilating me at all? Anyone else experience this?:shrug:

Sounds like Braxton Hicks, have you had them before?

I've been getting these too, the only time they really hurt when I'm standing up is if LO decides to move during them and stretches out my stomach. I'm trying to figure out if they're BH or if they're the real deal and just not serious enough yet to be "active labor"

Yeah, late term Braxton Hicks. I started getting them Thursday during my NST. They were totally being read on the monitor quite clearly and everything. I've been getting several in the evening/overnight now, but seeing as there's no pain I don't believe they're doing anything.

I get these too, have been for a few weeks now and they've (frustratingly) not amounted to anything!

I'd also go with BHs and say that if they're not painful, probably not doing much in terms or changes to ur cervix. X

Yeah getting them for 2+ weeks now and mine are turning painful, but are too irregular. :(

Just wanted to add tho, the period type cramps you have been getting on and off in the eves could well mean that something is happening down there. Good luck x

thanks!! ive never wanted to be in pain more in my life :) just makes me more anxious. especially when i get the cramping at night.... for the past 3 nights i have only gotten a few hours of sleep because i just lay awake waiting for something to happen... ugh.

I get BH and absolutely painless/sensationless belly tightenings, but no AF cramps. I feel the BH as I have since second tri, but a lot of times I'll just poke my belly and it will be as hard as a rock all over. My cervix is definitely dilating though so I'm not sure what is the culprit.

It would be awesome to be in silent labor and go to the doctor tomorrow and him tell me all systems go :) very doubtful though.

I've been getting Braxton Hicks since 2nd tri and they're painless. But for the last two days I've been getting tightenings along with a bit of pain.

The pain of these tightenings is probably a 1-2 on a scale of 10 (0 being Braxton Hicks and 10 being full blown contractions). They range from 4-6 minutes apart during the evenings but taper off during the day. So I know they're either uncomfortable Braxton Hicks or practice labour.

Never got this with my first. I just got period pains one night and then they turned into serious contractions. So not sure what to make of all this :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"