Convinced it's boy and that I will hate him :-(

Sorry boo, gosh I was such a snappy cow, a million apologies! I hit a very low point and felt like I was a fish in a bowl and everyone was looking in on me (all in my own head) and was terrified of being judged. I sounded like a moody teenager, I blame hormones, please forgive me boo. I know you're an absolutely lovely person, everything anyone said to me that week I took wrong. My granddad hasn't spoken to me since then as I snapped at him over something. My son just started school and my OH left his job and we've been so stresses out.

I am feeling a lot more positive and think of the baby as a boy now so it will actually be weird if it's not! I feel him/her kick and roll and I can't help but have a broad grin. Feeling the jabs and kicks from the outside makes me realise that this is a person, a part of me forever, someone who will steal my heart and change my life forever. Focusing on gender was a way for me to ignore the things I was really worried about.

Baby has a name for either boy or girl now too :).

My anatomy scan is on the 18th of March and my mum is taking a day off work and a 3 hour drive to join me for it so I'm excited about that.

Sorry boo, gosh I was such a snappy cow, a million apologies! I hit a very low point and felt like I was a fish in a bowl and everyone was looking in on me (all in my own head) and was terrified of being judged. I sounded like a moody teenager, I blame hormones, please forgive me boo. I know you're an absolutely lovely person, everything anyone said to me that week I took wrong. My granddad hasn't spoken to me since then as I snapped at him over something. My son just started school and my OH left his job and we've been so stresses out.

I am feeling a lot more positive and think of the baby as a boy now so it will actually be weird if it's not! I feel him/her kick and roll and I can't help but have a broad grin. Feeling the jabs and kicks from the outside makes me realise that this is a person, a part of me forever, someone who will steal my heart and change my life forever. Focusing on gender was a way for me to ignore the things I was really worried about.

My anatomy scan is on the 18th of March and my mum is taking a day off work and a 3 hour drive to join me for it so I'm excited about that.

So glad to hear from you minties and that I haven't upset you I was worried about that! Totally understand sometimes hormones mess us up completely and everything seemed so awful for a while. Glad you're through that now and getting excited for your scan! So lovely your mum is coming with you :) Which names have you chosen or are they private? :hugs:

Im so glad to hear you're feeling better. Make sure you update us when you do know x

Rupert Christopher for a little dude and Alice Irene for a wee lady. I'm not as sure about Alice as the surname is Anderson.

I love both of those names! I will say, as a mum of three boys it has so much more to do with personality than gender. My youngest is only 9 months but I can already see the sweetness in him that my second son has. My second son is such a gentle, nurturing, shy at times little thing. My first is a barrel of monkeys but has a heart of gold.

And you're right in your first post. The mother/son bond is amazing. People think that mothers can only be close to daughters but I disagree with that. I think its our job to bond with our kids, regardless of the gender....

You will be happy either way!

Thanks so much! I'm so excited and happy to be pregnant now, my OH is also getting more into it though still stand-offish - he is much more likely to talk about the baby and now talks about cute things they do and noises he remembers the other kids making.

I now am expecting to be told baby is a boy and actually hoping it is. Doh. Not sure what turned my brain around exactly. I won't be disappointed either way though. Can't wait to see he baby this Friday! It's Tuesday evening now and time is dragging.

Minties- I'm also dreading finding out that this one is a boy. I've always wanted to have a daughter and I'm a girly girl so I love doing nails and shopping and makeup and just the relationship of having a daughter. This will be our last baby too so that's all I get.

When I was pregnant with DS, they told me it was a girl and I was over the moon with shopping and dreaming of my daughter, then a month later at another scan I was told it was a boy and my dreams were crushed. I love my son, and will love this one if it's another boy but I can't help but think of my crushed hopes and dreams of mothering a girl.

My DS is like yours, he is all go go go all the time, breaking everything and messy and does gross things, while my niece is so calm and quiet and stays close to her mom when we're out, unlike my son who runs as fast as the wind and I can't imagine having two like that.

I'm trying to prepare myself that this one is a boy cause I don't want to feel sad when the tech says "oh it's a boy" I'd feel guilty for feeling sad cause obviously I love this baby and I've wanted it and prayed and hoped for it.

1.5 hours to go till my scan! Knowing my luck they won't be able to tell the gender.

Baby is a beautifully healthy, gorgeous girl. I am still shocked, I had so turned around to the boy idea! I was sad for a while but just happy to have a healthy baby. It was a fantastic scan, the lady doing it was lovely and we saw baby swallowing, sucking on her fingers, crossing her arms in front of her face and leaping about. Best scan I have ever had! Measuring 21+1 exactly :)

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/D45864B6-1385-46D7-9DA4-21A06FC13F02.png

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/ACC65E56-BA1E-48BA-857C-805777821C15.png

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/84290194-3192-4303-A62A-83EDE10514BE_1.png

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/344BF327-E993-42F6-B7F2-326C1290C749_1.png

Woo hoo! Congratulations on a girl hun! Very pleased for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->