Cool boiled water...how long can i keep it for?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
When i put cooled boiled water in a beaker...can i use it for the day. I usually fill it up as its easier for him to drink the water from it, even though he never drinks it all.

He has had a little now...can i keep it for the rest of the day and offer him some later? xx

I do and its never done Erin any harm. I make up 5 bottles a day in the morning - 4 for milk and one with cooled boiled water. I put 6oz in it and she has 2oz at lunchtime and then a bit more later in the day. (Erin gets constipated so needs to drink water every day). I'm sure you can keep cooled boiled water for up to 24 hours. xx

Thankyou...i only usually give him water once but this time he refused it. And i absolutly hate waiting for the boiled water to cool! xx

i too would keep it for 24hours, as with the boiled water in the bottles x

I boil water every night, and make up all of Addison's bottle for the next day, so that when it comes time to feed, I just have toadd the formula. So I would say yeah it will be good up for 24 hours or so. I would use anything after about 48 hours for sure

Not sure about the bacteria growing in it- when he takes a drink some of his saliva will get in the water and there will be bacteria in it. There is a rule for milk not to drink it if it has been first drunk from over an hour ago. Somebody on here will know if this applies to water as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->