cooling milk down in the fridge

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
i always make up leylas bottles in the morning then leave them to cool then put them in the fridge

is there any reason why i cant make them up, leave the one shes about to have out to cool and put the others straight in the fridge to cool?

x

i think its mostly because its bad for your fridge to put warm things in, it makes it have to work extra hard to regulate the temperature.. confuses it if you like!
as far as i know it wouldnt have any adverse effect on the formula, it doesnt with food.

hi hun this is excactly what i do :)

xxx

yay!! my day suddenyl got a lot easier, i really hate having to go back in the kitchen every 2 minutes to change the water haha

x

omg im so didnt know tht!

the amount of times i have made the bottles before bed then forgotten to put them in the fridge once cooled! :dohh:

i would have to say i would avoid doing this tbh, as it raises the temperature in your fridge, which can lead to it now working affectively thus the food not being cooled, and obviously when its not cooled, it doesn't slow down its decay x

i usually leave them to cool first, because i thought i supposed to... dont know why now lol

Wouldn't put hot stuff in your fridge. As others have said makes your fridge work overtime to cool it down! Raises the whole temp of the fridge too, may effect other things in the fridge. x

I wouldn't do it, you dont know how mcuh the temp is changing in the fridge and how long things like raw meat are in a warm fridge.

I store ready made bottles in the fridge after making them straight from a boiled kettle but I always pop them in a sink full of cold water to bring the temp down so they are cool when they go in, only takes about 15 - 20 minutes.

Noo dont put a hot bottle in the fridge! I always leave them on the side until theyre cooled and then put them in the fridge x

i thought it had something to do with bacteria with things being cooled too quick? same with food

With my other two children we always made up the bottles with hot water and put them straight in the fridge.
No problems with either child, the fridge or the food in it!

Each to their own though!!!

well we've been doing it for 7mnths with no problems hun, do what you think is right for you! there are lots of things they say to do and not to do, you cant win sometimes lol! sometimes i fill the sink with cold water and chuck some bottles in there to as they cool really quickly, they say your not meant to store feeds, yet you have to make them with boiling water? with a hungry baby i cool them as quick as possible hun otherwise i'd have one annoyed and hungry baby!

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->