Coping with smells!

Kanichen34

Reaction score
Ok, so I didn't have any of this with my first, but this time I am super sensitive to smells. So far this morning I have gagged at the office microwave and the office fridge and the guy that sits behind me's aftershave! I'm not 8 weeks yet but if I start gagging/hurling everywhere people are going to guess! Any tips for coping with a super sensitive nose?!

I used to spray a piece of tissue with my perfum and put it to my nose if it got too bad....i used to have problems with smells sat on the bus to work every morning with my first...i once had to get off and wait for the next because I knew I would end up gipping uncontrollably...i can laugh now but at the time it was awful...good luck xx

I am definitely going to try that perfume in a tissue tip! Thank goodness for the cool weather because I started wearing a thin scarf to bury my face in. The NY subway is filthy and smelly at the station where I get off for work. It's a rare, but GOOD day when I do not walk up flights of stairs filled with vomit, urine and God knows what else.:sick:

I find mint also helps me... If I can pop a mint or chew gum I can get past it.

This time around coffee and damp towels are making me so sick! I haven't thrown up yet thank goodness, but the nausea is very bad. I definitely gag...

All the best!

Thanks all - will try perfume and mints. The cleaner arrived into the office yesterday and cleaned the microwaves. I nearly hugged her!

Mazzycat...those stairs sound like a nightmare without the pregnancy nose nevermind with one...using the scarf sounds a good idea 😊

Try a nearly 12mo starting on dairy.. And working with homeless people. Im so screwed lol

I would just breathe through my mouth whenever I needed to. It helped loads.

Ha, definitely noticed my nose is much more sensitive this go around. Red sauce, old beer cans, my dog, dishwasher when it's loaded, my sons dirty diapers. All of it gag worthy. I'll try these tricks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->