Copper coil

Mummy2B1989

Reaction score
I have the copper coil in but will be getting it removed to ttc. As this is a non hormonal one will it mess up my cycles for when I have it taken out?

I won't be removing it until April/May but wondered if cycles could still be tracked to a certain degree anyway when it's in?

Has anyone had this and ttc?? How long did it take once it was removed?

X

You can certainly track your cycles to get a head start on when to try! In my experience it took 3-6 months for the lining of the uterus to heal and for it to again start building up properly to support a baby. So, for us it took some time, but I have heard of plenty others that got pregnant straight away! :)

I had my paragard removed in April and it has screwed up my cycles in every which way imaginable. I am very angry with the three gyns who said I could immediately go to ttc. You can click my chart in my sig to see my charts since I had it removed. Basically, it messed with my lining and flow. My usually clockwork cycles are all over the place with O dates any where from cd 12 to cd 28. This is my fifth cycle off, and I finally feel like my cycles are re-regulating. SO and I are incredibly fertile, but even with perfect timing we haven't conceived. And I only had my para guard in for 4 months.

Hopefully, you don't go through what I did.

I had a paraguard, got it out and was pregnant the next month. My lining was perfectly formed, no issues. That pregnancy ended in a blighted ovum, but that can't be caused by IUDs.

I have had my paraguard out since May and my cycles are still wonky. My cycles are normally 32 days, the first cycle after removal was 48 days and the second cycle was 38 days so it seems like things are returning to normal but it is taking some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->