Copper IUD, 5 days late. Can you take a look? *UPDATE* Really think I see it today.

jessie_m

Mom to Aubrey and Max
Reaction score
Hey ladies! It's been a while since I've been on here!

So I got the copper IUD (Paraguard) about 6 weeks after my kiddo was born. After about 5 years the IUD implanted into my uterus a tiny bit and I had to have it removed and got a new one inserted in April.

Ever since my kiddo was born (She's 6 now) my period has been like clockwork. Maybe a day late or early here and there. Now I'm 5 days late. The only symptoms I've had is I've been breaking out for a few weeks, and I had a tiny bit of blood when I wiped a few weeks ago for a day.

I took a test this morning, but of course, I have line eye. I put dots where I think I'm seeing something (more so the top dot). Can you tell me what you think?

If I'm 5 days late, it should be very positive by now, right?

IMG_2414.jpg

Did another with smu held for a few hours. This was taken at 3 minutes. I swear I keep seeing the faintest of lines.

IMG_2415.jpg

I'm not sure if I can see anything or not, sorry. Good luck :flower:

Thank you. Here is a picture of that smu test with natural lighting instead of the flash, if that helps.

IMG_2419.jpg

I think I see something but I wouldn't read into it atm... maybe retest in 2 days of no AF?

If you get a clear positive you will need to see the doctor as there is an increased chance of ectopic on the coil.

x

Yes, thank you. I am mildly concerned since this obviously wasn't planned and the IUD complicates things. I'm planning on going to the store today and getting a few more and testing tomorrow.

I couldn't wait. :dohh:

I have 3 pictures (that I somehow can't get to attach in the same post). One is just a picture of it, one is a negative, and one is just darkened a little. I am pretty clearly seeing something I think, especially in the edited ones. The line is visible on the test in person. It's faint, but it's there.

IMG_2437.jpg

I can definitely see a line on the edited pics. Good luck :dust:

I think I can see something!

I had an exceptionally late AF the month after having copper iud out after being like clockwork for 5years 🙁 Crossing my fingers for you!!!

Thanks for the input, ladies.

Still not sure what's going on. I took a test yesterday morning. Same faint line. I had some brown blood when I wiped yesterday, so I thought that was AF. I put in a tampon and when I took it out, there was maybe another small bit on it which is unusual. Usually I get a small bit of brown spotting for a few hours to a day, and then I bleed like a waterfall. I inserted a new tampon which was completely clean when it was time to take it out and there's no more blood when I wipe. I took another test today, just in case, and it's still that same super faint line. So still no sign of AF.

I'm pretty convinced that the lines are just evaps or indents at this point. I am 8 days late, so on the off chance I managed to get pregnant, then it should be pretty glaringly positive by now.

Not sure what to think.

I can't see any lines Hun. Sorry. I also had the copper iud and my Ob told me that unless it falls out the chances of pregnancy are almost slim to none. If it were to move and get lodge elsewhere (my fear) he said There's no doubt that I would feel terrible pain. also the tests would be blaring bfp by now at 8 days late...

I can see those. My mum got pregnant three times on the copper coil so it isn't perfect for everyone, like any contraception. I think I would go to the doctor at this point

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->