Cord Compression.. Scared by this :(

shivangi1210

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Has anyone heard about Cord Compression?
I have read that it can cause fetal demise in third trimester :cry:
Really tensed about it. Is there any way we can prevent it or at least know that our baby is not getting enough oxygen because umbilical cord is wrapped around his neck and how frequent is that in pregnancies ??

Is this something you've been told, that the cord is being compressed with your baby? If not, please try not to worry about something that may or may not happen, that you have no control over. I used to deliver babies and probably half of them came out with the cord around their neck, we just slipped it back over their head as they were being born and they were perfectly fine. Have a chat with your ob/ midwife at your next appt so they can ease your concerns :)

I am worried about this too :/ no reason for me to be concerned about i.e I haven't been told anything about it by the midwife or doctors but I am still worried :(

My son was born with his cord around his neck twice. I had a completely normal delivery apart from when he was crowning he had heart decels everytime I had a contraction so had to push him out quickly. He came out a blue colour but took his first breath fine and was completely healthy. I think the only way you would know if anything is wrong is by reduced movements, so if you experience this call your midwife ASAP x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->