Cord cutting

chuck

Reaction score
My hubby as some of you have read is a little out if touch with being into the whole birth thing and I get the impression he'd rather be in another room (like with my EMCS) so he will not even entertain the idea of catching baby let alone cutting the cord.

I know I want to catch my baby if I'm in a position to do so, but can I cut the cord myself?

I can't see why not but I've never heard of a woman cutting the cord herself before?!!

AM I a wacko? :wacko:

Awesome just never heard of anyone saying they had...reet I'm blimmin doing it. Hubby is such a pussy.

I'm sure lots of women would cut it themselves. Go for it! I want to make sure I pay some more attention to the placenta and the 3rd stage this time. Last time, a combination of not taking my eyes off my baby and being fairly drugged up, I don't even remember seeing the placenta at all.

I didnt get to see mine darned EMCS!

My DH doesn't want to cut it but then I don't want him to so it works out nicely! Never thought of cutting it myself... I am a bit extreme and dislike the symbolism of a man separating mother and baby. :lol:

My DH doesn't want to cut it but then I don't want him to so it works out nicely! Never thought of cutting it myself... I am a bit extreme and dislike the symbolism of a man separating mother and baby. :lol:

You should definitely cut the cord yourself then PB, that would be really good for you. Have you thought about a Lotus birth before though? I could be way off but it sounds a bit up your ally.

I was reading about it today on here for the first time. I'm half interested but it's half a bit beyond me I think. It's funny but reading this it I find it never occurred to me that it might be odd for a mw to do it. Maybe I should do it myself...

my hubby is too squeamish to cut it but i like the idea of one of "us" doing it, my 9 year old said she might...

so i asked the midwife if i could cut it, last week when she booked me in for the home birth and she said it's absolutley fine...so that is my plan :)

my hubby is too squeamish to cut it but i like the idea of one of "us" doing it, my 9 year old said she might...

so i asked the midwife if i could cut it, last week when she booked me in for the home birth and she said it's absolutley fine...so that is my plan :)

Oh wow I think that would be amazing if your 9 year old could do it. What a great experience for her!

Oh wow I think that would be amazing if your 9 year old could do it. What a great experience for her!

it would be wouldn't it? she is enjoying watching one born every minute...hoping my birth is less screamy than that though!! I so hope they can be there and see it is a natural and uplifting process, not just a lot of pain!

Maybe I should pass the scissors to Byron. :lol:

I mentioned this thread to DH last night. He thinks maybe I should cut the cord. :shrug:

Maybe I should pass the scissors to Byron. :lol:

I mentioned this thread to DH last night. He thinks maybe I should cut the cord. :shrug:

hi peanut :wave: i've seen you in madly's journal.

i say go for it...that is my plan now :) i think it will be great.

how old is Byron?!!! you might have to use plastic scissors if he's too young....:haha: :)

I wish wish wish my 16 yr old had stayed for Sid's birth :( Although she's pretty clued up it would have been nice for her to see it first hand.

Yes you can cut the cord yourself. I've known many women who cut the cord themselves, and one of my friends even has pictures of her doing it while still in the birth pool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->