cord entanglement?

butrfly

Mom to Sweet Elijah
Reaction score
has anyone been told that their LO had this?

my dr told me LO's cord was either just floating by his neck/head or wrapped around the neck. but i wasn't to worry, he continued. i felt so reassured that i've actually forgotten about it.

got a bit curious tonight & looked into cord entanglement. got me worried. LO is ok, moving & all that. has anyone gone through this? i'd appreciate input on it.

I saw the cord floating at lo's neck last week in the 4d scan, but again was told not to worry x

Not heard of it before, but if your doc says dont worry I wouldnt either. I knwo the cord is very stretchy and like a telephone cord - it's not a tight non flexible thing :hugs:

not heard of this but with my 1st son, the cord was tangled around this neck, they told me not to push while they sorted the cord and tried to remove it from him neck

if the doctors say not to worry then im sure its all okay.
internet is a scarey place when looking things up, try to void reading things as it will make you worry more! ive done this plenty of times.

I'm sure if the Dr's said don't worry then they aren't concerned. Remember, if they think there's anything to worry about then they'd be keeping an eye on you and probably do too much rather than doing nothing.

As long as you're feeling movements and the heartbeat is fine at your apps, just try and forget about it xx

I've read up on reasons why babies can be breech (as mine is) and found one reason is that the cord is wrapped around them, so the baby can't turn, and nobody knows until the baby is born. Obviously this got me freaking out and I was panicking thinking what if that's the case with me.... but then I've just got to remember that whatever's going on in there, she seems happy so it must be fine.

ruby also seems to have a cord obsession!! ive been worrying about it since we had our first 3d scan, she had it draped accross her eyes like zoro lol! in the second scan (3 weeks later) it was still there, and in fact there was a big bunch of it right in front of her face! the sonographer lady said she had scooped it all up in front of her! she reassured me, as did my GP this week, that its totally fine, and that its a good sign if baby is 'interested' in the cord as it shows they are becomming aware of their surroundings!

I think its quite common for babies to get tangled in their cords. If your doc isn't worried then i would take that as a good sign x

My LO too every ultrasound has the cord draped over his shoulders or by his face etc. What else do they have to do in there? lol.

if the doctors say not to worry then im sure its all okay.
internet is a scarey place when looking things up, try to void reading things as it will make you worry more! ive done this plenty of times.

so very true! must stop browsing for now as i get too worried.

thanks, ladies, for the reassuring replies. very much appreciated. :hug:to all!

my DD was born with the cord wrapped around the neck twice...not sure when it got wrapped around there, but i know drs say as long as its not knotted or pulled tight everything should be fine.

My 1st son was wrapped up in the cord 5x when I went into labor. My 20+ week ultrasound showed no cord entrapment. Since I had no further ultrasounds I was not aware of the cord issue. He was active in my pregnancy. He was in fetal distress in labor with meconium and I had a crash c section. He was premature even born on due date and was in the NICU for 2 days on oxygen and antibiotics. He had a high pitched cry then became colicky. Hes now 8, a very spirited, intelligent, high energy boy with a diagnosis of high functioning ASD. I was told by my Dr that cord entrapment is common and there's not much that can be done about it as it generally does not cause any issues. As long as baby is moving and growing everything is fine
Of course because of my boys out come it's something I will forever wonder about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->