Corn?

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by 1st_baby, Oct 14, 2008.

1. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

DH bought some baby jars yesterday and he picked up a corn one ? would this be okay for max to try ? what would be the effects ?

Hes had all the vegies possible in jars and fruits also except meats but what about the corn one? should i mix it with say sweet potatoe? or on its own for now

2. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

Ewwwwwwwwwwww I hate corn! :rofl:

I'm sure it wouldn't do any more harm than any other veg? I'm not too sure though sorry.

3. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

Yeah same here Tor I hate but HATE corn with a passion lol and I need to fake thats its YUMMY lol

P.S how is babies finger doing hun ?

4. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

OMG, you have just totally made it hit me that I have to put all the gross things I'm going to feed her in my mouth!! :hissy: :rofl:

It's healing but I'm going to pop into the Chemist tomorrow and make sure that her nail won't grow into the cut!

5. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

Yes dear we all have to fake it someday lol I hate when he waits for me to try it ..its dreadful and now i have to try the corn yuck!!! Im not excited to try the meats now !!!

Glad shes doing ok ..I did the same mistake on one of max's toes :blush:

6. ColtonsMom

ColtonsMom Well-Known Member

I've given Colton a jar of "Sweet Potatos and Corn". He liked it. I like corn (especially with butter and salt!! yum.), but I thought the baby corn & seet pots stunk! eww

7. Holldoll

Holldoll Mom of 1 Princess

I would think that corn wouldn't be necessary. Corn is not a great veggie even for adults to eat. It won't hurt, but I wouldn't give it too often.

8. BurtonBaby

BurtonBaby Well-Known Member

Hmm... we haven't given Erica corn either.. Like Holly said, its not a great veggie to eat. I know what you mean about having to act like the food is yummy! I never taste it in front of her, but if its something yummy I'll take a taste while I'm making it. When I gave her prunes tho she could tell I was thinking "you poor kid!" and wouldn't eat it!

9. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

Yeah I still dont get why they make corn in baby food its useless but I give it as a snack right now sort of like us with popcorn lol