corpus luteum pains

weetinygill

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
my pregnancy was confirmed yesterday, 2 days before AF is due.
I've been suffering from really bad abdominal pain for the last few days, and the doctor said it is 'yellow body' or corpus luteum pain. He said its perfectly normal, but naturally I'm worried.
Have any of you suffered from this and can advise?

many thanks in advance. X

I have never heard of the term before, however this past week I had light cramping. I hope it settles down for you soon xx

I've had corpus luteum pain off and on as well as light to moderate cramping off and on as well. For me the corpus luteum pain is only on the side I ovulated from but the cramping can be all over and feel like menstrual cramps. It's all totally normal but if it's severe if think that's not normal. But if your doc says it's fine and you aren't bleeding then try to relax and see if a heating pad or warm bath helps.

When I was pregnant with twins during a scan they found 2 cortem lupeum cysts measuring 11 cm each at there biggest. They are very normal up until 12 weeks as this is where the pregnancy hormone is released until 12 weeks when the placenta takes over. I was so scared but after research and talks with my consultant he said it is so common. It's where the egg is released from your ovary causing a blister like pocket but sometimes it doesn't desolate and retains fluid.

I really hope I reassure you being there myself and when I had a scan at 13 weeks it was reducing in size.

Thanks for the replies ladies. I appreciate it. I've been having cramps on and off all day and can't help but worry! All part of the territory tho eh? I'll try to relax! :)

My first hint that I was pregnant was that I had ovary pain late in my cycle. The corpus luteum is what releases the hormones that help you sustain a pregnancy. I continue to have them every few days for a few minutes a day, and I see it as a good sign (especially since I went into this pregnancy with low progesterone levels).

If it's severe, call your doctor! But also drink lots of water and take it easy. Everything is getting stretchy and loosey-goosey in your pelvis and lower abdomen right now so even standing up wrong can give you a stitch in your side.

Good luck!

I had a haemorrhagic cl cyst when I fell pregnant with my ds. Hur like a bitch! X

My CL pain was very sore and consistent for many weeks! It did make me worry but it was all normal when i had my scan at 9 weeks. You can take paracetamol if it gets too much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->