Correlation between period pains and labour?

Well, if that's the case hun I've no idea how I'll recognise early labour! That's how my bad BH have been for weeks now.....last night was particularly bad.

In some ways it seems a shame you had to go through an induced labour after all, but that's the benefit of hindsight...if their guestimate had been right inducing was the right thing to do!

Yes I agree - it is too bad - but at least she got here safe & is healthy!

Beginning of labor - if your contractions get stronger or get more frequent no matter what you do they dont stop then thats how you will know. BH's I had were sometimes sharp & no fun but they would go away or space further apart vs. closer together. If I wasnt induced I was told that I had to call my hospital and talk to a nurse - cause the nurses can tell by listening to you having your contraction if its bad enough to be sounding like your in more active labor - this way we could stay home as long as possible. So I would say the same for you - even with your home birth - if you can carry on any kind of conversation with your oh or not - it will clue you in on how bad they are getting.

Thanks DaisyBee - my BH certainly do stop, though I had so many yesterday evening I did wonder if something was up. I normally have maybe one or two a day, maybe a few more, but they were coming every 15 or so minutes throughout the evening. But by the time I'd gone to bed they'd gone and I haven't had any today. I guess, as you say, if that happens again I'll just have to see if things make them stop and make a decision then :D

My period pains were really bad, and like you especially bad when I was a teenager. I coped through labour with no pain relief. I've never read that there is a corelation between period pains and labour. Woman have this amazing strength to labour and give birth (hence why men aren't pulled up for the task!), and you just get through it. Get as well informed as you possibly can before it happens and it will make things alot easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->