cosleeping baby waking up every hour

qpaulina42

Reaction score
sigh. I am so tired... Baby used to sleep for at least several 3 or 2 hour stretches but now wakes up after each sleep cycle (~40 minutes). I nurse her back to sleep but then she also tosses around. In short, not much sleep for me. And DH snorting wakes her up too... It may be the 4 month sleep regression, or the 19 week wonder week but tell me, how do your cosleeping babies sleep?? I'm starting to think she would sleep better on her own. But the real problem is that she can't settle back after each brief awakening. :wacko:

ETA she is the same with naps, only sleeps 40 min then I have to settle her back down (works sometimes...)

sounds like a growth spurt, but my eldest daughter was never a good sleeper until she was three, but it was worse when we tried to put her in the crib.

Sounds like a growth spurt to me too- Emma had the same at 3 and 4 months and then we went through a similar rough patch around 9-10 months that was a developmental spurt. Emma is still not a great sleeper, but it is getting better when molars aren't coming through and she doesn't have a cold :)

You think?? I've been worrying that maybe I haven't 'taught' her how to go past a sleep cycle on her own. She used to do it though. Sigh.

My daughter wakes alot more when we are co-sleeping, so often once i know she is in a deep sleep i transfer her to her bed and she will sleep for a good few hours. just just us though, i hope your sleeping gets better soon x

very reassuring to read the replies as we're going through the same thing. We've always co slept and he used to sleep for good stretches but since he hit 4 months he wakes every hour and basically feeds all night. I don't mind, but just wasn't sure if it was normal/ok.

It was around this stage that Imogen went into her own room. She slept a LOT better when I wasn't keeping her awake. Teddy always spent more time in the bedside crib than in bed with us, and was a better sleeper full stop. Maybe try her in a crib for a night or two, you can always revert to co-sleeping if it doesn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->