• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Cost of IVF meds in the US

wishingforjoy

Reaction score
Has anyone's insurance not covered their IVF meds if so. Did you price shop your meds? where have you found the cheapest prices for mail order pharmacy?

I have been doing IVF for two years. One year insurance covered and one year did not. When I paid out of pocket with no insurance to help with meds I spent about 6-8 grand. WIth insurance about 3,500. Your IVf Clinic can help recommend certain brands that are cheaper and ask about brands that offer discount programs to those that pay out of pocket. We qualified for cheaper meds thru that. Compassionate Care Program gives you discounts on Gonal-F. Check into these, this is what we used.

Compassionate Care Program (Gives a discount on Gonal-f, Cetrotide and Ovidrel)
6501 Weston Parkway #370
Cary, NC 27513
Phone: 855-541-5926
Fax: 919-415-2870
https://www.gonal-fcares.com/financialAssistance/compassionateCare.jsp
*With this program you have to give us the discount card before we order your medications.

Design RX Program (Gives a discount on Follistim AQ, Ganirelix and Pregnyl)
EnvisionRXOptions – First Steps
2181 E. Aurora Rd. #201
Twinsburg, OH 44087
Phone: 1-855-672-9260
Fax: 855-672-9262
Email to: [email protected]
https://www.fertilitybydesign.com/PatientPortal/Designrx/FirstSteps.aspx

I used walgreen specialty pharmacy. I think it really depends on your meds. I used follistim, menopur, novarel for HCG, ganirelix, progesterone, estrace, and a couple antibiotics. It costs around $3800. Ask your clinic if anyone donated their unused meds. Walgreen will actually give you as much discounts/rebates that they could find for you. I also had quotes from 2 other pharmacies but walgreen was the cheapest.

Thanks for the reply. CVS Caremark seems to be the worst that is who was recommended for my insurance called them on Monday it's now Wednesday afternoon and they are still waiting on some sort of insurance preauthorization.
I've told them I need this by Thursday Friday at the latest.
I start Lupron friday. I'm a nervous wreck waiting on this to get worked out.

wishing: I just completed an ivf cycle and my re prescribed me way too much meds. I have an unopened gonal F pen (900 units; retails $1200) and a box of unopened menopur vials (5 vials; 75 units each). Neither have been opened. Purchased from pharmacy in december. If interested PM me and we can discuss.

I have no coverage either for meds so it is really expensive. I think I ended up paying over $3K each cycle except one. I have done 4 full IVF cycles.

Don't worry. They can overnight your meds for you :). It's common to overnight the meds. I got mine overnight even though I didn't ask for it :).

Just found this thread - even though it is old ---
I start lupron the 14th and I am dealing with CVS caremark too.....they haven't been too timely during my IUIs for the HCG trigger shot either

def getting a little anxious about it
they called today saying everything was denied, but she didn't understand why because it was approved for the HCG trigger (which is under the small umbrella of medications)....so she an email off to the supervisor

I KNOW they do cover this, I am not the first person in my clinic to go through caremark.....why are they so painful!?!?!? IVF is already stressful enough and caremark certainly doesn't make it any better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"