Cot advice

Jo-anne

Reaction score
Lewis is now 13 weeks old and over 14lbs - recently I have noticed he rocks the mosses if he moves about.

I know it may sound silly but im scared he knocks it over.

I am not sure wether to put him in his cot already as he is still young ?????:crib:

What about a travle cot? youll still get to keep him in your room then rather than going straight to a bigger cot

One thing you could do is put the moses basket into his cot??? Then gradually transfer him to his cot. I have heard other mums swear by it but can't vouch for it myself sorry

I put maddie in her cot at 8wks old ....

She was happy, choice is yours hun but you might find he settles better, maddie hated being restricted in her basket so the move was easy for us ... didn't faze her and she was comfy!
xxx

Frankie wenmt in her cot ten days ago. She is much more comfy in there. Jonny went in his cot at 3 weeks old as he threw his arms about in his sleep and woke himself up. I have used sleeping bags with Frankie which helps to make her feel more secure.

Rebecca went into her cot at 10 weeks, she was a hef.:crib:

I put Noahs moses basket in his cot, I never had any problems with him getting distressed, some bubs may get upset when transfering over from one to the other as they prefer the security of a smaller space, but you can always try swadling them in the cot, on the other had other babies are the other way round and dont like feeling restricted. Their is certianly no problem with you poping him in a cot at this stage, it might just be a bit of trial and error to see what way they like it, lots of space or swadling.

If you would rather keep him in the moses basket cause they are in a room with you, persoanlly I have never heard of a baby tipping itself out of a moses basket, but if you have them in a stand at the mo, perhaps you could put it on the floor instead to be on the same side, or just as your HVs advice.

kacy went in her cot at two and a half months she seemed to find it so much more comfy then being in the moses basket cos she like to spreed out.

Have u ever put him in his cot just to lie their while u play with him or even if your just putting his clothes away?

Thanks for the replies.

Vic I usually put him in his cot if I am putting his clothes away and he doesnt mind it.

Have a travel cot not too sure wether to put him in that then his cot.

He seems so small in his cot - what could i do to support him/stop him rolling?? I usually put a rolled up blanket behind his back in the moses ??????

I came acorss this the other day which I thought looked really good, makes baby feel secure and prevents them rolling over or wrigling out of bed clothes. Plus The soft toy detaches for them to play with and it plays sounds! https://www.johnstonprams.co.uk/item846.htm

I can't offer advice as Jade was about 5 months when she went into her cot......We have yet to buy Alfie's cot, so depending on how he grows, he may also be 5-6 months before going in his cot.

Charlie went in his cot a while ago and it was really hard as it started him waking in th night again. He now still wakes every single night, at least 4 times, and I swear it is because he isn't in his basket any more. :roll: Unfortunately, he's way too big to go back in it. We have tried everything - swaddling, surrounding by rolled up blankets, nothing around him at all - everything! Nothing makes him sleep!!!

SO I would say that you should keep your LO in his moses basket for as long as possible!!! :lol:

thank you for the replies.

Cat love the anti-roll toy seriously considering getting this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->