Cot bedding question

KeirasMummy.

Expecting A Little Girl
Reaction score
this is probs a dumb question but saw a simular thread & it reminded me of something i was thinking about the other week .. soo i have brought a cot bedding set, came with sheets, quilt etc & atm i have set it all up so atm the quilt is all tucked in on top of the sheets. I know you have to wait like a year or so before using a quilt but would it hurt to lay baby on it when she is sleeping or will i need to remove it & just have her laying on the sheet?

also posted this in the third tri but not got much response :nope:

Are you putting LO in a moses basket or crib first?

I didn't get the quilt as I knew I wouldn't need it. I would perhaps put it to one side and use it when its needed to be honest. The mattress is soft enough without needing to put a quilt down.

were using a moses basket first few months which will be placed in the cot anyway, only got the quilt as we brought it all as a set x

Ah I see.
I didn't get the quilt with mine as the set came with bumpers and it was just a waste as I knew I wasn't going to use them.

Maybe leave off using the quilt at the moment as a cover. You will be able to judge how warm your baby is when they're here.

At the mo in the cot, Amy sleeps with a vest & sleepsuit on...then in a sleeping bag with a sheet and fleece blanket over her. Andshe's toasty warm x

i wouldnt lay baby on it to sleep cos baby will get overheated x

I wouldn't leave it in there as small babies can't move around much. If the baby did manage to turn over onto his/her tummy (it does happen, even in teeny babies who aren't officially rolling yet) they may get stuck, and then may end up with their face squished into the bed. With just a sheet that wouldn't be a problem as the mattress is fairly firm but with a quilt, it could puff up around baby's face and restrict the air they get, if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->