Cot Mattresses

stouffer

Reaction score
I finally found a cot I like! Yay! But now I'm totally confused about what kind of mattress to go for.

Is baby really going to notice much difference between foam and sprung? There are too many choices.

What are you buying?

i got a nice sprung one for £40 from ebay. baby won't be using it for the first few months though, he'll be in the moses basket. Our Cot turns into a junior bed so i wanted to get one that will last xx

I hear the spring ones will last longer, if that helps!

I was told to avoid foam mattresses as they harbour germs and cannot be washed - the best one to get is a spring or spring / foam mix that has a removeable washable top layer, they are more comfortable for baby and last longer too!

I dont know which one to get either but Im not going to spend a massive amount on one, some of them are sooo expensive! Probably about £40 as well x

so long as you get a decent one with washable cover then if ur getting a cot rather than cotbed then baby will likey sleep on it for 1 yr max after spending 4-6 months in a moses basket

I went for this one:

https://www.cotmattressfactory.co.uk/sprung-cot-mattress.html

It is a really good website, and will even make to measure if you need it :)

Sprung mattresses generally last longer.

My friend got foam and within a few months there was indentations on the mattress and she ended up buying a spring one. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->