Cot question

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
For all those with LO's in cots/cot beds who use sleeping bags...

If LO is in a sleeping bag do they still need to go feet to foot? What do you do?

Ruby uses a sleeping bag and dont think it matters where u place them in the cot if they use one as there is no risk of it covering their face xx

Caitlyn has a bag but i still put her at the foot of the bed as she has a blankie too

xx

If using blankets as well then def put at the base of the cot for safety. Not sure if blankets should be used with sleeping bags tho as may over heat depending on thickness? Not sure tho xx

You don't have to unless you're using blankets as well (as there's nothing for them to get under at the bottom of the bed) but once they start moving they often manage to wriggle upwards, so it might be a good idea to start her off at the bottom so she doesn't end up with her head right up at the top with nowhere to go if she moves a bit!

Sam ends up all over the place now so I just stick him in the middle, as he'll never be in the same place by the morning! x

If you use a sleep bag you are not suppose to use blankets, and it doesnt matter where you put them because there is nothing to go under or get caught in, but if you use a blanket they have to be feet to foot so they dont wriggle under it.

we use just sleeping bags but maddi's still in her moses basket, does it still count feet to foot if her feet touch the bottom and her head practically the top :blush: :)
seriously though as long as no blankets/obstructions i cant see it mattering :) and like sam maddi wriggles :)

Ive started putting charlie in a sleeping bag but i still put his feet near the bottom xx

I dont have a sleeping bag but am looking to buy one for the winter , ella always kicks off her blanket , i wonder if they do them for 3 year olds :lol:

I dont have a sleeping bag but am looking to buy one for the winter , ella always kicks off her blanket , i wonder if they do them for 3 year olds :lol:

they have some great ones in matalans for about £8, we have them and there really good, i paid about £100 for maddi's others, 3 we have, 2 from mothercare and one from mama's and papa's, this will teach me to shop around! they also have them in asda too, just a thought :blush:

Yes, i still put Joseph in his cot feet to foot when he's in his growbag. I don't think you have to but i still do it anyway :)

Chloe's a real cutie btw! :cloud9::baby:

Jess has a grobag and I still put her foot to bed. She sometimes gets swaddled.

Regardless of whether I cover her with a blanket or a grobag she goes foot to bed- i get extremely worried and consious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->