cotbed and crib/moses basket

winterbabe

Reaction score
hi guys! Just wondered why loads of people buy a cotbed as well as a crib or moses basket? Is it because cotbed too big to put in your bedroom while baby still sleeps with you?ooh, and also how do u choose between a moses basket or crib? Eek! So many decisions :)

I have to admit that I just had a cotbed, but then a friend gave me a moses basket. So I have no other reason than that it was free!! Sorry can't be much help!!
I do think baby will be a bit cosier though - going from that snug womb into a moses basket instead of a huge empty cotbed!!!

I bought a Moses Basket because I wanted her in the same room as me for the first few months, plus it was easy to carry up and down stairs while she was sleeping, whereas a crib is more static. I also got a cotbed, but still kept the Moses basket downstairs for her naps, but she outgrew it and now naps in her cot - it was just easier. :) I think it is down to peoples prefrences.

I have a moses basket as I had planned to put LO in with me for the first few weeks and like fairywings says it will easier to bring down stairs.

We have a cotbed in his nursery (we chose a cotbed instead of a cot so it would last him when he's older) and a moses in our room ready.

As others have said I want him to be in the room with me for the first few months, and a moses is portable to move from room to room (and handy as a bed for him if we visit relatives). When he's bigger he can sleep in his cotbed at night and nap in the travel cot.

I didn't get a crib as they are quite static and LO will outgrow it too quickly to be worth the investment. My friend did thou, as her little girl hasn't got her own room so it was a static fixture.

weve bought a cotbed for the nursery ready for when i want him to sleep in it or when he grows out of moses basket. I bought the moses basket as its smaller and you can move it from room to room so he can go downstairs when i am and same for upstairs!!

weve bought a cotbed for the nursery ready for when i want him to sleep in it or when he grows out of moses basket. I bought the moses basket as its smaller and you can move it from room to room so he can go downstairs when i am and same for upstairs!!

Thats what i've done too!!

i just got given a cot and a moses basket

i wouldve preferred a cotbed but im not gna turn down a free cot like lol

i prob wouldve got my own moses basket aswell if i hadnt been given one for the same reasons as people have already said

ps whats the difference between a cot and a crib? i thought they were the same thing?

xxx

awww.. Thanks guys!! Think will go for a moses basket and cotbed then!! Makes sense!
yyyaay!! Now to choose colour and type! :)

P.s. Cribs are tiny lil ones, and some of them rock. They are very cute. cots are bigger up to about 2-3 years. and cot beds are bigger still up to about 5-7 years!

ohh right i see...aww have fun picking out ur moses basket and cotbed!!

do u know wot kind of baby u havin?

xxx

I have a crib just until i move into bigger space, but my bubs will not sleep in it, so we moved the moses basket to my room and i got a full nights sleep last night :D moses baskets all the way!

We decided to save ourselves the trouble and just put the cotbed in our bedroom. Funny that we made that decision AFTER setting the cot up in the babies room... and... the cot doesn't actually fit through the door, so we had to fully dismantle the cot, and then put it back together in our bedroom... oh... did I said "we" dismantled the bed... I meant 'I'. :p I'm such a handy woman!

Its probably going to feel like a silly decision when we have to dismantle the bed again to put it back but we sort of thought it would be best to have the babies room as a spare bedroom because none of my family live in the state, so I need some where for them to stay when they come and visit the baby in the first few months.

We just have a crib (ours are bigger here and last til 2-3 years). Our upstairs is a great set up, even though there are 2 rooms its kind of like one.

Moses baskets dont last long for some babies... And there is no point for us to buy one just so its 10ft closer lol. So we will be using a baby monitor and I dont sleep heavy at all either.

lol i have all 3....they look so pretty lmao xx

lol i have all 3....they look so pretty lmao xx

Us to!! weve got the moses basket for in the lounge, the crib next to our bed for night time and the cot bed for when he is older!! They are all so sweet we couldnt help but get all of them!!

do u know wot kind of baby u havin?

xxx

:rofl:A green one?

I had a moses basket for the first month or 2. Portable for day time sleeping and i found it better to have her sleep in our room. I had a c section and it was easy for daddy to just pass her over to me.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->