cotbed mattress

starlight1

Reaction score
hey i was just wondering if anyone could recomend a mattress for the cot bed? there are so many different types i dont now which one to pick. xxxc

get the best one you can afford. I read in a few books that the sprung mattresses are the best. Got mine form IKEA was about £100.

Book I read it in was the contended little baby book.

sorry hun didnt want to read and run but i want to know the same so came to look! ive ditched my cot bed matress as it was 2nd hand and need a new one but some are sooo expensive....is a foam one ok!? x

We got a good deal on a matress at Babies 'R Us, was a sprung one on a half price deal that seems to be on all the time, here's the link:

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Nursery/Mattresses/Duo-Airflow-Spring-Cotbed-Mattress(0074001)

We bought a sprung one from John Lewis for about £100 we wanted to get a fairly decent one that will be comfortable and supportive.

I prob sound like a right cheapskate but i actually got mine off Ebay (brand new obviously) it was only £18 i think, they had good reviews and had sold over 70! Its foam sprung i think, anyway seems good enough =]

We got the sleepsafe luxury pocket sprung mattress from Mamas and Papas - £155 (but we got it for less during the 10% discount sale and a £10 gift card). We want the mattress to last the length of baby/toddler being in cotbed - hopefully 4 years! I remember buying a cheaper mattress for myself and the springs started poking through in no time and had to chuck the mattress out, so thought we'd spend a bit more, as I'm worried the same will happen!

i was told that the sprung ones last longer than the foam ones - i actually got the same one as foxforce as it was such a good price and had great reviews

xxx

I got the Katy sprung mattress from Amazon for £42, it has really good reviews.

We also got a sleepsafe luxury pocket sprung mattress from mamas and papas. We decided to go for a sprung one as it should support the weight of the child as it gets older and hopefully not sag!

When we visited Mothercare the other day we were recommended one which is sprung with a foam topper which unzips and can be washed in the machine and the underneath can be antibac sprayed - we are just waiting to order it in. x

We got one from mothercare for £100, they gt a fab offer aswell...spend over £100 and get £20 off

just ordered mine from kiddicare a spring one £40 instead of £80 bargin and just as good as the expensive mothercare ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->