cotbed mattress

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by starlight1, Jun 2, 2011.

1. starlight1

starlight1 Well-Known Member

hey i was just wondering if anyone could recomend a mattress for the cot bed? there are so many different types i dont now which one to pick. xxxc

2. mons75

mons75 Well-Known Member

get the best one you can afford. I read in a few books that the sprung mattresses are the best. Got mine form IKEA was about £100.

Book I read it in was the contended little baby book.

3. SamiraNChris

SamiraNChris Hayden & expecting #2 :D

sorry hun didnt want to read and run but i want to know the same so came to look! ive ditched my cot bed matress as it was 2nd hand and need a new one but some are sooo expensive....is a foam one ok!? x

4. foxforce

foxforce Mummy & Pregnant

5. Chocoholic123

Chocoholic123 Well-Known Member

We bought a sprung one from John Lewis for about £100 we wanted to get a fairly decent one that will be comfortable and supportive.

6. natalieee

natalieee Isabelle Louise 04/07/11

I prob sound like a right cheapskate but i actually got mine off Ebay (brand new obviously) it was only £18 i think, they had good reviews and had sold over 70! Its foam sprung i think, anyway seems good enough =]

7. Cocoa

Cocoa Well-Known Member

We got the sleepsafe luxury pocket sprung mattress from Mamas and Papas - £155 (but we got it for less during the 10% discount sale and a £10 gift card). We want the mattress to last the length of baby/toddler being in cotbed - hopefully 4 years! I remember buying a cheaper mattress for myself and the springs started poking through in no time and had to chuck the mattress out, so thought we'd spend a bit more, as I'm worried the same will happen!

8. angie79

angie79 Mummy of 2

i was told that the sprung ones last longer than the foam ones - i actually got the same one as foxforce as it was such a good price and had great reviews

xxx

9. Mama Afrika

Mama Afrika Well-Known Member

I got the Katy sprung mattress from Amazon for £42, it has really good reviews.

10. londonangel

londonangel Well-Known Member

We also got a sleepsafe luxury pocket sprung mattress from mamas and papas. We decided to go for a sprung one as it should support the weight of the child as it gets older and hopefully not sag!

11. chelleyve

chelleyve Well-Known Member

When we visited Mothercare the other day we were recommended one which is sprung with a foam topper which unzips and can be washed in the machine and the underneath can be antibac sprayed - we are just waiting to order it in. x

12. welshwarriors

welshwarriors Joseph & Charlotte's Mum

We got one from mothercare for £100, they gt a fab offer aswell...spend over £100 and get £20 off

13. lovelylaura

lovelylaura 3 little girls

just ordered mine from kiddicare a spring one £40 instead of £80 bargin and just as good as the expensive mothercare ones