Couch to 5K ?

Well done!!!!

I can't manage road running at all, did 7km on the treadmill last week but when I'm n the road 10mins is a challenge

Loui - how long did it take you to do the 7km on treadmill? I just wondering if i am really slow or about normal for a first timer. I started off slow but got quicker as i wanted it over asap, lol! I am only use to running 20 mins so to run 40 mins was a massive improvement for me

It took 50mins Hope, I'd nearly passed out by the end of it! I was keeping the speed round 8.5kph but had worked up to that by adding 5 mins each time :happydance:

Thats really fast, mine is in miles per hour not kilometers and i started at 4.2mph, moved up to 4.3 half way through, then 4.4 and finished on 5 for the last couple of minutes

I will try and do the 5k at about 4.4mph and see how quick it takes me, can't see myself being anywhere as fast as you

Well done

Thanks hun, honestly when I started I couldn't run for 50secs :haha:

I actually found it easier to go a bit faster, I started at 7.5kph and struggled with that but seemed to get into a better rhythm when the speed increased. Strange!

I'm starting to worry a bit about road running, have you tried it? I've signed up for a 5km run but at this rate I'll manage the first 10 mins then collapse

I tried road running once and it was a disaster, my earphones kept falling out of my ears so i ended up running when i should have been walking and vice versa. It was wet so my tracksuit bottoms were soaking at the bottom and it really hurt my ankles tbh. I hit a hill n there was no way i could run up it, it killed me walking up it so i abandoned the whole idea of road running n stuck with the treadmill

I do need to get out on the road though as it is totally different and a lot harder.

I need to find a route where there are not so many hills and see how i get on, we have a big park type place near us which covers miles n miles so i ought to run round that and the lake, there;s a few inclines but nothing like where i live

I also think i will stop if i get knackered on the road whereas on the treadmill i seem to be able to keep going

Which 5k are you doing?

x

I just wanted to bump this back up and see if anyone wanted to try it with me? I will be running mondays wednesdays & fridays, although I did go today just to see how I'd find it doing lesson 1 week 1.. Lets just say I'm much more unfit than I realised, after minutes I felt like I was going to vomit and my chest hurt, so, anyone in?

I find it hard to believe i'll eber be able to run/jog for more than a minute at a time!:haha:

Hey chick :) im just starting this too, I used to be a runner but my god I've gotten unfit after baby lol!! I'm Definately in!!

Excellent, I did my first 'run' sunday like I said, I didn't go yesterday because they said you should have a break inbetween but i went swimming insted, I will go tonight and tomorrow though and then friday. Tonight just because I'm bored really! I've never been able to run so this is all new for me! I have entered for race for life in july, a 5k race to raise money for cancer research. So this is my goal, to be able to do that without stopping to walk!
Good luck to you! Hopefully we can keep each other motivated on those, rainy days when we don't want to get out of the house!:flower:

I'm excited! I'm been looking at races to enter but I'm not sure yet what I'm going to run. I ran a few times last week when the weather was hot but today it's snowing so i'm stuck :/ lol

I've completed the 30day shred last month which was fab!! Toned up alot from that thinking of starting something else to do on the off days from running.

Hopefully I can run tomorrow!

I actually just ordered the 30 day shred! How did you find it? I'm pretty terrified I will find it really hard and give up - must. stay. motivated! If you find anything else good to do when i'm done with that let me know - are you trying to loose weight or just get fit/tone up?

It is very tough going I won't lie but honestly it's 20mins just bash it out till you think you may die lol and it's over pretty quick and the results are great! Definition is incredible. I'm looking to lose a stone but in reality half a stone would be ok too, mainly tone the jiggly belly for one!! Yuck!

I'm thinking of trying Jillians ripped in 30 next good reviews on it still not sure yet though, too much choice lol!

I want to loose like, 28 lbs, so 2 stone. I'd (possibly) be happy with 1.5 but we'll just have to see. Let me know how you get on, it's raining outside but ima still go out when OH is home to look after the bubs :kiss:

Good luck!! Let me know how you get on, we could update after every run times etc see how we progress maybe? Do you have an iPhone? I've got a running app for the C25K it's fab!

No I don't, but I have an Ipod, i think I can get podcast for it that tells me when to run/walk etc! I want to take 'before' pics, but i'm to scared that there will never be an 'after' :haha:
Yeah we should deffo update, my first run was quite hard but im actually kinda ill (i have a cold) so i have a feeling today will be even harder but thats ok when im better hopefully ill notice a difference:thumbup:

The app really helps as you can still listen to music but it tells you when to run/walk etc and encourages you too! Saves me having to use my brain while dying :haha:

that sounds ace, do you know if its available for blackberry?

Yes I think it is hun, uses your GPS to map your run etc too. There's various ones either just to plot your distance and time like "map my run" or "get running" which aids the C25k with the walk/running

There is an Adidas one micoach on BB. worked well when i had one, out running.

I was kinda following couch to 5k. I ran last night 30mins non stop which I was quiet pleased about.

Keep going. It is hard but worth it.

Thanks girls!
Well done natalie :) Thats so good!
I went out for my second time jogging today, I thought it would be harder than sunday concidering I'm poorly & it was raining and cold but it was EASIER,
Im amazed that it felt easier already, its just made me more pumped and determined to do this :)
Infact, I'm looking forward to my next time hopefully tomorrow or thursday!:happydance:

I went for my last week one jog, it was alright except I messed up my timing and ended up doing a couple extra jog-walks!
No-one else going to update?

Well that's good you did a couple of extra ones you will do well on next session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->