Couch to 5K ?

Hi ladies...I'm on day 2 today so very new to this. Looking at the plan terrifies me (I'm doing the one from therunningbug.com). I can do one minute running, but I strugge and almost gave up after the fourth minute. Proud of myself that I carried on and completed the 6, but I just can't see how I will ever get any better! The idea that I could even run for even two minutes is just ridiculous!

What are you girls doing as well as the couch to 5k? Anything?

Oh, and I just weighed myself and am 12 stone 11lb/ 179lb/ 81.2kg....I want to reach 9 stone as this was my happy weight before. Ha, wish me luck!

Day 2 done! I was still supposed to do 1 min run and 2 min walk...but was naughty and decided to see what I could do. Managed 3 mins run, 2 mins wak, 2 mins run, then 2 mins walk, 1 min run to take me to the end of the 20 mins. Very proud of myself!

x

Day 1 of week 2 yesterday, I'm not sure if its because it was cold or i was jogging longer but it was deffo harder than last week. I still can't imagine myself jogging for longer than 2 minutes at a time :dohh:

Oh no! Now I'm scared to week two! Hope it's been going okay.

I finished week 1 today...ended with run 1, walk 1 for 20 mins. Really surprised how easy I found it...I could have carried on!

Hope everyone else is doing okay..?

I had a week holiday, so I have done week2 days 1 and 2 this week, and have my first distance-based run on Sunday. Eeeek.

Found run2, walk2 x 5 easier than my second run1, walk1 x10. Go figure.

Quick question...what speeds do you guys walk/run?

Also - what else do you guys do to compliment your training? I've done 3 spinning classes this week, 2 yoga classes with 30-length swims after. Thinking this is a good fitness/weight-loss selection.

Just finished week 5 day 1, Im not too sure I'll be able to do 20 minutes straight on Weds, felt kinda sick at the end today...

And in terms of speed, I walk quickly and jog kinda slow and steady - I'd rather finish that whole thing then rush and stop half way through: )

I am starting on September 18th (once I have moved home and gotten some new trainers, headphones and jogging pants). And am trying to decide what days to do it on and also whether to do it in the morning or afternoon.

I've just downloaded the nhs podcast and am going to do the final day of week 2 on that. I think a podcast will really help me...can't be watching the clock all the time now the runs are getting longer...those seconds tick past slowly.

Well done!
I did it last year and I felt fantastic! Although I skipped the initial weeks because I was already training.
Hoping to join the gym this summer and start running again! Fingers crossed!

Oooh, I would love to say I complete it!

Well - I did the final week 2 today. Although, I accidently put on the wrong weeks podcast so actually done a week 3 workout! So, being naughty and just doing another two of those and then moving on to week 3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->