Cough and Cold During Pregnancy

marshiee

Reaction score
:help:
I've gotten cough and cold (running nose, congestion, etc) for almost 3 weeks now.. it comes and goes.. this time its the worse...:cry:

I did see the doctor but i dont feel safe taking the meds (even tho the doc said its safe for pregnant women). I've been drinking hot lime and honey to sooth my throat.. and then try to get rest as much as I can. thats pretty much it..

Thank God I dont have a fever though.

Anyway other suggestions on what I can do? :confused: I am 14 weeks

I had a bad cold when I was about 6 months pregnant. I know that is a little further along than you are but I would try not to worry too much. Just keep an eye on your temperature. You can't get the baby sick, you can just get the baby too hot.

And If I were you I would take the meds. It's fine if you really don't want to, I was SO CAREFUL when I was pregnant too. Still, when you think about it women used to smoke and drink during pregnancy before they knew better and most of the children still came out fine. I think if a Dr. says these are pregnancy safe meds, then why make yourself suffer?

I took a half dose of paracetamol and had a HOT cup of lemon and honey...drank a LOT of Apple Juice as it contains a lot of Vitamin C... And got plenty of rest, that's really about it. It dried it up a bit and I can breathe right now, it's just the really goopey stuff I'm getting out of my nose now...tmi! Hope you feel better soon.

What meds did Dr give you? Have you googled for reassurance that they're safe?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->