Cough Medicines?

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by HarlaHorse, Jun 7, 2011.

1. HarlaHorse

HarlaHorse Well-Known Member

So since Sunday night, I've been sick. It started off like the flu, sore throat, runny nose etc. then it got worse and I didn't get out of bed at all and my asthma has gotten a bit bad, I read two of the cough medicine bottles that we have here and one said don't consume while pregnant, the other didn't but I didn't risk it anyway. What do you think?

2. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Cael's Mom

Cough syrups are pretty much placebos anyway. A cough drop or throat lozenge should have about the same effect.

3. HarlaHorse

Well I know that you shouldn't take like cold and flu tablets and stuff like that so I thought it would just be the same with cough medicines :shrug: thanks for link!

4. HarlaHorse

Oh I just read the link, and I was aware that most cold and flu tablets work as placebos (being in your head correct?) but I didn't know that cough medicines were.

5. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Cael's Mom

I know I always told Mom when I was little that they didn't work. She insisted that they did and that since she was a nurse, she'd know.

Growing up and finding out that I was right was vindication, lol. I HATED cough syrups as a kid, they tasted gross and never helped.