Cough Medicines?

HarlaHorse

Reaction score
So since Sunday night, I've been sick. It started off like the flu, sore throat, runny nose etc. then it got worse and I didn't get out of bed at all and my asthma has gotten a bit bad, I read two of the cough medicine bottles that we have here and one said don't consume while pregnant, the other didn't but I didn't risk it anyway. What do you think?

Cough syrups are pretty much placebos anyway. A cough drop or throat lozenge should have about the same effect.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/features/cough-medicine-should-you-shouldnt-you

Well I know that you shouldn't take like cold and flu tablets and stuff like that so I thought it would just be the same with cough medicines :shrug: thanks for link!

Oh I just read the link, and I was aware that most cold and flu tablets work as placebos (being in your head correct?) but I didn't know that cough medicines were.

I know I always told Mom when I was little that they didn't work. She insisted that they did and that since she was a nurse, she'd know.

Growing up and finding out that I was right was vindication, lol. I HATED cough syrups as a kid, they tasted gross and never helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->