Could coming off the pill cause pregnancy type symptoms?

LucyFur

Reaction score
After BFN after BFN I've come to the conclusion that I'm probably not pregnant after all. So, I was wondering if coming off the mini pill could have caused my symptoms instead? I've been on the pill since I was 17, I'm 32 now. Around 4 years ago I switched from combined to mini pill (cerezette). About two months ago I stopped taking it, had my first period in 4 years after a 28 day cycle, but it was short and lighter.

Then started to TTC a month ago. Had brown spotting a week before AF was due, then the symptoms started; sore breasts/ nipples, hot flushes, headaches, nausea, exhaustion, dizziness and AF is now nearly 2 weeks late.

So, if I'm not pregnant, could all these be symptoms of coming off the pill? I had no symptoms at all though for the first month, other than sore breasts which went away as soon as AF arrived. But that's nothing new.

sadly, they could. I came off the implant in april and have had the same issue. it's almost 6 months along now and i still havent had a period :( sooo yea :(

considering you have already had a normal period after coming off the pill I would say its likely to be out of your system I would keep testing hun you never no and also a friend of mine has just fallen pregnant on that pill (she missed a few) so it cant be that strong to affect you up til now xx

I didn't have a period for 6 or 7 weeks after coming off cerazette and I had strong pregnancy type symptoms.

considering you have already had a normal period after coming off the pill I would say its likely to be out of your system I would keep testing hun you never no and also a friend of mine has just fallen pregnant on that pill (she missed a few) so it cant be that strong to affect you up til now xx

I hope so, but it's hard to stay positive with so many negatives!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->